Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do it ourselves alignment? Need your thoughts.

codestp202

So I have an idea to start doing my own alignments.

I ordered a set of longacre toe plates, and I'll also get some type of camber gauge that attaches to the rotor. Our rears are basically non adjustable so this would just be for the front.
I have stock dampers and eibach pro kit on now. I have Swift Spec R and SPC camber bolts coming. Since we can really only adjust those two settings, why not do it ourselves?

Toe adjustments are easy because I want 0 toe and around -2 degrees of camber. My main question is, with toe plates I know I can get that right, how accurate are these bubble level camber gauges?

I pay $100 for an alignment, and I plan on changing my camber / toe quite a bit until I find a setting I like. Am I capable of getting an accurate enough measurement by myself in my garage? If I measure camber on the rotor, then put the wheel on and drop the car, will the camber change?

Thoughts / Questions / Opinions?

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #3

felopr

Already have the toe plates for the toe.
Wondering how accurate these camber gauges are with the bubble.
it wont be as accurate as a computer that is for sure lol
you need to find a place to put it and always put it there so measurements wont fluctuate
they can get very accurate if it was calibrated correctly so try to find a good brand, for a racer that is changing alot the camber is a good tool
they also come digital that is like half a degree accurate too