Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Molten Orange Fiesta ST Picture Thread

Nice. What size wheels are they? Also, do you have trouble with ground clearance with those cup spoilers attached? I had a set on my Focus ST and they proved a right pain.
Let me try to speak in your language across the pond: "cup spoilers" - if you are referring to the wings on the front splitter, then no. Nil hits on a "kerb", either side. The rear diffuser flaps have seen a right few scrapes, they have. The racing stripes are factory installed, they are. Adds 5 hp each, they do.

One thing I LOVE about England is you seem to know the difference between a "wheel" and what Americans under the age of 35 refer to as "rims". They are wheels people. The edge of the wheel that keeps the tire from falling off IS the rim...of the wheel. To answer your question, they are 17x7.5 XXR 527. 5 pounds....sorry, 0.36 stone lighter, each, than stock wheels. I only went one size wider than stock with the tire @ 215/40/17. They fill up the wheel-well a bit more, so I get a lot of questions about, "Is it lowered?". No, they are stock ride height.

I used to have an Eibach rear anti-sway bar (you can see it in the last picture just peaking out between the left rear tire and the diffuser). Made a HORRIBLE creaking sound going over speed bumps....sleeping policemen...and even just getting in and out of the car, you know. So I had to take it off at the wife's behest. She said it sounded like something was broken and quoted Jeremy Clarkson, "You've ruined it." No, it was just creaky and squeaky.

Yes, that is a brand new Ford GT I am parked next to in the second picture.

Taz

Let me try to speak in your language across the pond: "cup spoilers" - if you are referring to the wings on the front splitter, then no. Nil hits on a "kerb", either side. The rear diffuser flaps have seen a right few scrapes, they have. The racing stripes are factory installed, they are. Adds 5 hp each, they do.

One thing I LOVE about England is you seem to know the difference between a "wheel" and what Americans under the age of 35 refer to as "rims". They are wheels people. The edge of the wheel that keeps the tire from falling off IS the rim...of the wheel. To answer your question, they are 17x7.5 XXR 527. 5 pounds....sorry, 0.36 stone lighter, each, than stock wheels. I only went one size wider than stock with the tire @ 215/40/17. They fill up the wheel-well a bit more, so I get a lot of questions about, "Is it lowered?". No, they are stock ride height.

I used to have an Eibach rear anti-sway bar (you can see it in the last picture just peaking out between the left rear tire and the diffuser). Made a HORRIBLE creaking sound going over speed bumps....sleeping policemen...and even just getting in and out of the car, you know. So I had to take it off at the wife's behest. She said it sounded like something was broken and quoted Jeremy Clarkson, "You've ruined it." No, it was just creaky and squeaky.

Yes, that is a brand new Ford GT I am parked next to in the second picture.
I think you've misunderstood. The comment about the wheels and cup spoilers was about dijawson's car, the one with the gold wheels. Also, by cup spoilers I mean those big front spoilers under the nose of his car. I can see them scraping the ground quite a lot, especially when going over speed bumps (we rarely if ever say "sleeping policemen" these days). But yes, we do say "wheels" still and "rims" mean the edge around the wheel.

I think you've misunderstood. The comment about the wheels and cup spoilers was about dijawson's car, the one with the gold wheels. Also, by cup spoilers I mean those big front spoilers under the nose of his car. I can see them scraping the ground quite a lot, especially when going over speed bumps (we rarely if ever say "sleeping policemen" these days). But yes, we do say "wheels" still and "rims" mean the edge around the wheel.

MY BAD!

Taz

That's okay. It's also okay about leaving off the translation thing, 'cause most Anglophone countries know and use American lingo almost as much as they do their own lingo, due mostly because we grow up with American media. Here we tend to talk a mishmash of both English-English and American-English, although I doubt we'll ever start using rim in reference to a whole wheel, because it'd get way too confusing.

As for the colour, I'm now really hoping to get either Race Red or Molten Orange. I've never seen anything quite like Molten Orange, because in some pics it looks really orange and in others it looks more like Race Red. I guess you get the best of both worlds, eh?

That's okay. It's also okay about leaving off the translation thing,
I just like messing around. I know you don't need the translations. I figured out most of the English terminology I know from watching Clarkson, Hammond, and May on Top Gear. I constantly watch episodes on Amazon. Can't get enough.

Yes, the molten orange is an interesting color. Bright sunlight it's a red-ish orange with gold flake undercoat, and in the shade/night time it's a throw back "more red than orange" like the 60's mustangs were painted.

Taz

I just like messing around. I know you don't need the translations. I figured out most of the English terminology I know from watching Clarkson, Hammond, and May on Top Gear. I constantly watch episodes on Amazon. Can't get enough.

Yes, the molten orange is an interesting color. Bright sunlight it's a red-ish orange with gold flake undercoat, and in the shade/night time it's a throw back "more red than orange" like the 60's mustangs were painted.
Yes, we get regular reruns (every day) of old Top Gear here on a channel called "Dave". Some of it is informative, but most of it is what I call "Carry On Cars".

Regarding the colour. I'm guessing it's a sod to fix if you ever get any damage, unlike Race Red? I had a Tangerine Scream Focus ST and that too was a sod to get the paint matched. Also, are the orange seats hard to keep clean?

Taz

They're Konig Lockouts; 17x8 +40. 215/40 tires. Stock suspension. I want to change the wheel setup eventually and get BC coils.
Really? I thought you'd either bought bigger wheels, lowered the suspension, or both. Must be the design of the wheels or something. It really looks good though. (y)

BTW: What tail lights are those?

Really? I thought you'd either bought bigger wheels, lowered the suspension, or both. Must be the design of the wheels or something. It really looks good though. (y)

BTW: What tail lights are those?
Thank you! The look is surprisingly impressive for normal size wheels, tires, and no suspension changes. The taillights are Spec-D taillights, with the red smoked color option. $225. I do recommend them, but they are wired for the EU version of our cars (I believe) so you have to rewire some of the pins for them to work correctly. Not a big deal. Thanks again!