Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Molten Orange Fiesta ST Picture Thread

SPhilli911

If you can justify the cost, consider a Delta wing riser. Quality isn't exactly impressive for the ~$300 shipped it costs, but you can use some larger screws to thread into the wing, and the factory screws for mounting the riser to the car, and it'll look perfect and keep the wing properly supported.
I'd consider the Delta ones or maybe even some sort of wing extension so I don't have to remove the wing, not sure yet.

I'd consider the Delta ones or maybe even some sort of wing extension so I don't have to remove the wing, not sure yet.
If you keep the wing non-lifted, Vega's wing extensions are fairly secure while making the wing look much more aggressive without wing risers (and there's a couple design options).

I have a Delta riser on the way, because like everyone who bought the Whoosh risers, my wing cracked and now the risers are wobbly. I figure worst case scenario I can just use silicone or rubber cement or something to glue them together if I can't salvage the mounting points.

I ordered it in late October and it hasn't been shipped yet. :sleep:

Taz

I have a Delta riser on the way, because like everyone who bought the Whoosh risers, my wing cracked and now the risers are wobbly. I figure worst case scenario I can just use silicone or rubber cement or something to glue them together if I can't salvage the mounting points.

I ordered it in late October and it hasn't been shipped yet. :sleep:
I don't think they keep them in stock, but rather they're made to order, especially after Covid, the Russkies invasion of Ukraine, and our own government trying its best to crash our economy. If mine is anything to go by then it'll practically slide right on, or at least that's what the fitter said after the job was complete. It needed minimal effort to install. And you want my advice? When you get yours have it painted the same colour as the car. Mine looks like it was made with the car! It looks even better with the Maxton lip painted and installed as well. :cool:

I don't think they keep them in stock, but rather they're made to order, especially after Covid, the Russkies invasion of Ukraine, and our own government trying its best to crash our economy. If mine is anything to go by then it'll practically slide right on, or at least that's what the fitter said after the job was complete. It needed minimal effort to install. And you want my advice? When you get yours have it painted the same colour as the car. Mine looks like it was made with the car! It looks even better with the Maxton lip painted and installed as well. :cool:
Since my car is orange with black stripes, I'm going to try putting it on and see how it looks when it's black, and if I don't like it then I'm going to have the sides painted and leave the middle black I think.

I really want to get the maxton rear diffuser but I don't know if they even make it for the 5 door, and the shipping for this 137 euro part comes out to 135 euros, so for the price that isn't worth it. The Maxton plastic rear valence that Whoosh carries is cool, but it's also quite expensive here. The other designs I've seen hang far below the car which means they will get bashed when I drive on rough roads, so for now I'm just going to leave it alone.

Taz

Since my car is orange with black stripes, I'm going to try putting it on and see how it looks when it's black, and if I don't like it then I'm going to have the sides painted and leave the middle black I think.

I really want to get the maxton rear diffuser but I don't know if they even make it for the 5 door, and the shipping for this 137 euro part comes out to 135 euros, so for the price that isn't worth it. The Maxton plastic rear valence that Whoosh carries is cool, but it's also quite expensive here. The other designs I've seen hang far below the car which means they will get bashed when I drive on rough roads, so for now I'm just going to leave it alone.
It's almost certain that the front and rear of the 3 and 5 door are exactly the same. Best way to find out for sure is to e-mail them. Beware though, their stuff is notorious for being hard to fit. Look at it this way, I've just had their Mk1 splitter fitted by a garage, and it took a MONTH to get it to fit properly, partly because Maxton didn't give instructions, and partly because the mounting kit and the splitter didn't fit very well. It all looks great now, but installing it was a nightmare!

It's almost certain that the front and rear of the 3 and 5 door are exactly the same. Best way to find out for sure is to e-mail them. Beware though, their stuff is notorious for being hard to fit. Look at it this way, I've just had their Mk1 splitter fitted by a garage, and it took a MONTH to get it to fit properly, partly because Maxton didn't give instructions, and partly because the mounting kit and the splitter didn't fit very well. It all looks great now, but installing it was a nightmare!
I'll have to keep that in mind! I think there are some US-made rear diffusers that, while more expensive, will end up costing less for me to buy because of shipping. It's funny to read comments from people in the UK saying "I want something different than the boring Delta Styling wing on my car" when everyone here in the US would be extremely happy to be able to buy the Delta Styling stuff without having to pay $100 extra for shipping and then wait 3 months for it to arrive.

Taz

Time for another pic post, hopefully over this winter I can learn this DSLR and get better shots next year. View attachment 52957 View attachment 52959 View attachment 52958
Some really nice mods there. They're similar to a lot of mods I've either done or have planned. It's what the man at the bodyshop I go to described as "a Fiesta ST on steroids". I've got those very same hood/bonnet vents on my shelf ready to install at a later date. I've also got some canards, although far smaller ones ready to have painted and installed some time in the new year. I've got a set of Maxton skirts ready to be painted and installed later this month. About the only thing I'm not getting are the cup spoilers, but that's only because of our large speed bumps and ramps that a lot of our roads have in the city.

EDIT: Come to think of it, can you get some closeups of your hood vents and provide the measurements for where you put them? Their positions just look perfect for how I'd want mine. :cool:(y)

How are you liking the spoiler riser so far? Much better than the bolt-ons you normally see, aye! :cool:
It's great so far! Mainly I'm just happy that my wing isn't in danger of breaking into a million pieces anymore, but it also does look a LOT better than the anodized aluminum ones. I paid about $300 for it which is a lot of money, but it's still cheaper than replacing a broken wing would have been.

Taz

It's great so far! Mainly I'm just happy that my wing isn't in danger of breaking into a million pieces anymore, but it also does look a LOT better than the anodized aluminum ones. I paid about $300 for it which is a lot of money, but it's still cheaper than replacing a broken wing would have been.
I've got some head and tail light covers coming from the US. Despite them only costing around $100 per set, I'm having to pay about the same in postage. But I look at it this way, they're something that doesn't need replacing and are on there for the life of the car. They're also pretty unique styling wise and help protect the lenses from stone chips, so I'm willing to swallow the expense due to it being a one off purchase. If they were generic things like engine parts or tyres, things that wear out and need replacing at some point, then I wouldn't have bothered. I would've found the equivalent parts over here. Your riser is a worthwhile purchase because it's extremely good at supporting the spoiler, quite unlike the usual bolt on risers. It also looks like an actual part of the car that Ford themselves could've installed.

Last edited:
No hobby is cheap for long. Photography, computers, cars, music, guns.. almost every hobby takes only a few hundred or less to get started, but the disease gets spreadin' quickly
Yep, and all of those are hobbies I either have right now or have had in the past. Also I used to collect vintage Seiko mechanical watches from the 1970s... That rabbit hole gets very deep and expensive as well, especially if you start looking at modern Seiko and Grand Seiko watches.

Now I'm trying to juggle camera gear, computer parts, Fiesta stuff, and also kind of looking into another Grand Seiko Spring Drive watch (the SBGA413/SBGA443 if you care to google it)... It's an illness... The way mechanical watches work is so cool and interesting, and the Spring Drive system Seiko invented is also incredibly interesting, but for the love of your bank account please do not start doing research on them unless you're prepared to get sucked into another expensive hobby.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Glad you're happy with your wing riser. Thinking about throwing my hat in and getting one.