Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'17 DIY Ambient Lighting - 3D Printed Glovebox Light Mount

Trader history for Meowoosh (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well because Ford didn't present us 2017 FiST owners with passenger side ambient lighting or glovebox lighting.. we as a community came up with a good DIY route to add the lighting to the 2017 models. Finally, here is a cheap mount to add the additional lights from the wire harness to the backside of the glove box, so that they illuminate through the slotted holes put in at the factory.

$10 for a set of 2 shipped CONUS.

Note: The ones you will receive are the stronger carbon fiber material, not the transparent material in some of the photos. These are a snug fit both over the housing and into the slot, I didn't want any rattling around. They are a perfect fit in my opinion.

PM me if interested.
FiST Light Mount4.jpg
FiST Light Mount5.jpg
FiST Light Mount1.jpg
FiST Light Mount2.jpg
FiST Light Mount3.jpg

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Does that mean my 2015 FiST has those? Where that they would eliminate just part of the lights. Cost cutting I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My '17 doesn't have any of the glove box goodies. I'd really like the little net for the manual, but I don't care about the other lights.

Still, BOO! Cheapskates! How much did it really cost in the first place, Ford?

Mine's got the sunroof. I have the 3 lights in back with the aimable lights for the rear passengers. I heard some '17's don't.

I definitely would like to buy a set. PM sent. Thanks for making these for members here--it is stuff like this and the great help members provide to each other that makes this community so special.

Last edited:
Does that mean my 2015 FiST has those? Where that they would eliminate just part of the lights. Cost cutting I guess.

Your 2015 has a switched glovebox light from the factory. For 2017, Ford eliminated that light and also the ambient LED light on the dashboard above the glovebox. Those of us who have bought an older factory harness with the pre-2017 LEDs to install the dash light by adding the second harness now have unused LEDs glowing away uselessly behind the dash. These mounts will allow us to use 2 of those lights to illuminate the glovebox. Very clever idea [wrenchin]

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
3 sets sold so far. Going to ship out a bunch this Friday.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Your 2015 has a switched glovebox light from the factory. For 2017, Ford eliminated that light and also the ambient LED light on the dashboard above the glovebox. Those of us who have bought an older factory harness with the pre-2017 LEDs to install the dash light by adding the second harness now have unused LEDs glowing away uselessly behind the dash. These mounts will allow us to use 2 of those lights to illuminate the glovebox. Very clever idea [wrenchin]
Very cool idea! I hope you sell a bunch of them!

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
Awesome! Glad to hear. Ive got plenty left so if they don't stand the test of time, I'll gladly send a replacement. That also means I have more available for sale so if anyone still wants a set shoot me a PM.

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
Bump, more available. Anyone who has a 2017 or 2018 needs these

Tried sending PM but they aren't showing as being sent.
Could you just send the mounts to me? I'm more busy than not.
Thanks,
Gerald

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
The harnesses are becoming increasingly difficult to acquire.

Heres the PN: BE8Z-14A411-A

I got mine through Tasca.

Status
Not open for further replies.