Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

civic

I am new to this forum, but not forum's in general. I am curious to see real world MPG for the Fiesta ST. Of course, 26 city/36 hwy is possible with a light right foot, but who has seen these numbers? Thanks for the information!

I'll be making my 350 mile trip to work, Tuesday. Going to calculate it, on the way. In my experience with these type of cars, I've always gotten 3-5 MPG better than the posted sticker MPG.

OP
C

civic

Thread Starter #4
I have to wring my little 1.7 civic like a wet towel to get any power out of it. Fortunately it still posts an average of about 34 MPG city/hwy. I would imagine if you drive the Fiesta ST like you stole it, the MPG will go down significantly below 30 combined. My 2004 accord V6 posted 20city/30hwy...but with any weight on my right foot I would struggle to make 22 combined. Strictly hwy driving would show pretty close to 30 MPG though, attributed more to the tall 6th gear than anything.

Anybody else do any kind of real world MPG testing? Comparing it to it's bigger brother the Focus ST, which averages about 24 MPG in most real world tests, I guess I could see the Fiesta getting close to sticker.

I'll be making my 350 mile trip to work, Tuesday. Going to calculate it, on the way. In my experience with these type of cars, I've always gotten 3-5 MPG better than the posted sticker MPG.
Not sure about the ST, but my 11 SE wasn't that great for the first 20,000km or so. Once I broke her in properly she was getting around 4.9L per 100km highway. (sorry for the KM I'm in Canada)

Also, try to vary your speeds and not only highway for the first 1000miles/1600kms. That's what I read in the manual MK posted here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161

Yeah...That's the only problem with my driving situation. I really only drive, when I head to/from work, twice a month. So, most of the time I'm cruising at 75-80mph. Hoping the little bit of city driving during my trip, about 100 miles out of the 350, will suffice.

Yeah...That's the only problem with my driving situation. I really only drive, when I head to/from work, twice a month. So, most of the time I'm cruising at 75-80mph. Hoping the little bit of city driving during my trip, about 100 miles out of the 350, will suffice.
If you must drive highway, every 20 or 30 miles play around with it. Take extra pit stops for coffee, food or just a smoke. Simple things until you get above that 1000miles. Your baby deserves it! [driving]

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Also, try to vary your speeds and not only highway for the first 1000miles/1600kms. That's what I read in the manual MK posted here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161
ahem.. i supplied the the pdf, thank you, just couldnt get the link to work for the download. but with MK's power of awesomeness,

With our powers combined I am Captain Planet.. oh wait this isnt tv. [^]e

My initial MPG run, yesterday, came out to 30.5 mpg. That's with a lot of playing (for break-in purposes, of course). A couple of your stereotypical Civics came by, wanting some. They had to be put back in their place. And, whenever I had open road, every 20-30 miles. I'd wrap out 4th and/or 5th gear. So, I think 30.5 mpg wasn't bad, considering. ;)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
My initial MPG run, yesterday, came out to 30.5 mpg. That's with a lot of playing (for break-in purposes, of course). A couple of your stereotypical Civics came by, wanting some. They had to be put back in their place. And, whenever I had open road, every 20-30 miles. I'd wrap out 4th and/or 5th gear. So, I think 30.5 mpg wasn't bad, considering. ;)
i hate you right now. [bootyshake]

sweet!

Hmmm.... i was hoping for a closer-to-EPA-35mpg number for hwy. Have you done any more mileage calculations since then? Are there any Fiesta Movement folks out there who can share the mileage they are getting?

Right now I am averaging 29.7 mpg, but that is on 87 octane and only 300 miles on the odometer. Also, mixed driving conditions including some cruising and some back road fun [cool]

Right now I am averaging 29.7 mpg, but that is on 87 octane and only 300 miles on the odometer. Also, mixed driving conditions including some cruising and some back road fun [cool]

thnx.. would you say your driving is more in town or mixed on avg? i am interested in anyone else chiming in about their mileage, as well.

Cruising at 50mph, I'm getting 42mpg. So far, while at work, I'm averaging 37.8mpg. That's for a 20mile drive, each way, per day.
thanks for the reply.. your mileage is very good and am pleased the ST meets and exceeds EPA numbers. I was hoping that at legal hwy speeds the ST would get at least 36-38 but ur 42 blows those numbers out of the water.
I'm not too concerned at around town as few cars get good in-town mpgs (my focus gets around 27 summer and 24 winter, with 31 mixed and will easily get 40+ hwy at 70mph)

Your results def put my mind at ease in my hopes for good hwy mpgs.

I'll have a better average in about a week, when I make my 300 mile drive home. It'll be at about a 65-70mph speed average.

I avg about 30 out of mine with a little play. If i set cruise on e-way its getting about 39-40. However if i am having fun i have seen it as low as 24. I have put about 1200mi on it since i bought it and those numbers seem consistent.

Well I've had my ST for about 2 weeks now and after a long trip to the coast in it, I feel good about posting my mileage.

During the 75mile trip there I averaged 35.8mpg @ 60mph
While there I drove around, seeing the sites, all while averaging 35mph. My MPG dropped to 31...And there it stayed the whole rest of the trip including the drive home.

Total mileage drove this weekend was just shy of 300miles, getting roughly 360miles out of the tank

I'm glad to see I am getting fords estimated highway MPG and above its combined. Long extended trips I could see the ST breaking that 35 mark, but I don't know if I ever expect it to hit 40 when at highway speeds.