Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bringing an ST back from the dead

I've owned a FoST for several years and recently bought a wrecked 2014 FiST for my daughter's first car.

Whoever owned this car before us really neglected it, but the damage from the wreck wasn't too bad. We're about halfway through the repairs before it goes to the body shop to get pulled and the remaining dents removed.

This has been a really fun father/daughter project where I get to teach my daughter how to fix the car while also maintaining and detailing it.

I wanted to say hi and show you the car before we get it done (hopefully in about 6 weeks or so)

I'm still in need of a stock intercooler, rocker mouldings, and wheels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I've owned a FoST for several years and recently bought a wrecked 2014 FiST for my daughter's first car.

Whoever owned this car before us really neglected it, but the damage from the wreck wasn't too bad. We're about halfway through the repairs before it goes to the body shop to get pulled and the remaining dents removed.

This has been a really fun father/daughter project where I get to teach my daughter how to fix the car while also maintaining and detailing it.

I wanted to say hi and show you the car before we get it done (hopefully in about 6 weeks or so)

I'm still in need of a stock intercooler, rocker mouldings, and wheels.

Cool. You are right they sure did neglect it. I can't stand a dirty car inside or out, and I drive a garbage truck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

My father and I shared a very similar experience, but my first car hadn't been in a wreck prior to purchase. We overhauled the interior together and it looked immaculate when we were finished. Also had to completely replace some components and the end result was like-new condition!

This seems like such a great little project. She will have such a great appreciation and love for this car since she is actually putting the work into fixing it. I'm hoping that she will also have a great respect for the capabilities of the car also because its alot of car for a beginner driver. Good luck to you both! You will enjoy the building as much as you will the driving. I would have loved nothing more than to have a dad who would have done something like this with me but I know examples like these are what I strive to do for my kids.

OP
U
Thread Starter #7
This seems like such a great little project. She will have such a great appreciation and love for this car since she is actually putting the work into fixing it. I'm hoping that she will also have a great respect for the capabilities of the car also because its alot of car for a beginner driver. Good luck to you both! You will enjoy the building as much as you will the driving. I would have loved nothing more than to have a dad who would have done something like this with me but I know examples like these are what I strive to do for my kids.
Thanks - I taught her to drive in my Focus ST so she is learning in something very similar. My dad and I spent many good times putting wrecked cars back together, and those are some of my best memories of him so I'm hoping she'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks - I taught her to drive in my Focus ST so she is learning in something very similar. My dad and I spent many good times putting wrecked cars back together, and those are some of my best memories of him so I'm hoping she'll enjoy it as much as I do.
That's awesome. I have a son and daughter (7 & 8 respectively) and I try to include them on all the projects I'm involved in with my car or my DSM. Every so often I'll let them take the wheel on my lap around an empty parking lot. I want them to have a positive experience around cars. I don't care if they are enthusiasts or not, but I want them to care when they get behind the wheel without me. I do believe they will eventually become enthusiasts because their favorite show is older Top Gear and Grand Tour, MCM, and Wheeler Dealers. I'm glad you taught her to drive a manual too. I'm sure many of her peers won't and can't drive her car which would be a plus (as a father lol). I love the story and can't wait to see the final product. And btw I'm sure you could easily find some of those parts you're looking for. Especially the intercooler.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is cool and its great your daighter enjoys this. It definitely brings a smile to ones face to see and hear about the bonding. She will have a great car and she will be proud of the fact that she was instrument in bringing it back to life, its a car person greag life experience.

OP
U
Thread Starter #13
Just wanted to (finally) provide an update. Got the car back from the body shop a couple weeks ago, and put it all back together over the long holiday weekend. We have a couple more small things to do before inspection, and it will be back on the road! The blue FiST is also a wreck that I bought and fixed while my daughter's car was at the body shop. These things are multiplying![:D]

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
She must be getting excited. I would be!

Just wanted to (finally) provide an update. Got the car back from the body shop a couple weeks ago, and put it all back together over the long holiday weekend. We have a couple more small things to do before inspection, and it will be back on the road! The blue FiST is also a wreck that I bought and fixed while my daughter's car was at the body shop. These things are multiplying![:D]
dang what a great job. did yall happen to install the rear view camera yourselves?

That's awesome!!! My dad and I used to maintain and detail his cars when I was younger and he taught me the value of having a nice, clean/presentable and reliable car which I want to pass on to my kids once they get old enough to understand what that all means. Once you become a car guy/gal, you'll never grown out of it!

p.s. SUPER jealous of your "work area"! [ohcrap]

OP
U
Thread Starter #18
Thanks. Growing up, my family owned a salvage yard and I spent my free time fixing cars with my dad. I really enjoying teaching my daughters everything I know.

I just built the garage last year. Still not done - been too busy building cars to actually finish it inside
That's awesome!!! My dad and I used to maintain and detail his cars when I was younger and he taught me the value of having a nice, clean/presentable and reliable car which I want to pass on to my kids once they get old enough to understand what that all means. Once you become a car guy/gal, you'll never grown out of it!

p.s. SUPER jealous of your "work area"! [ohcrap]