Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2017 Ambient Lighting - Y-Splitter for Adding LEDs

Trader history for FiestaZag (1)

Anybody on the fence about his product, I can say this is a quality piece. I just received mine and couldn't be happier. Thanks again!

Yoo! To all the folks on the forum still needing the 3d printed adapters. I really just wanted to offer these to the community, but I realize Im just too busy to offer them myself.

That said, I will upload my final design files onto thingiverse where you can 3d print these out yourself. To the last orders, I have been troubleshooting my $200 printer and realize its just not enough to keep up with all of the prolonged use it has gone through. I have a few printed out, and can fulfill the remaining orders or just refund everyone. The very LAST thing I want to do is take away from this community, so let my poor communication be a reflection of me and not this community. But from my experience, we are mostly all on here to try and help each other out.

If any forum vendors would like to reach out to me about offering these on their site, I would be interested. Otherwise, I am sorry the rest of you will have to print your own or use a 3d printing service like 3dhubs.com

Thanks and sorry for any stress I may have caused.. I didnt think $10 would cause such a fuss but I understand the principle of the matter.

Not sure if this is the best way moving forward, but considering my track record of getting these out on time (almost never) combined with the fact that my other thread was closed without me ever being contacted leads only to a few options, which I thought this was the best of.

Sorry again yall and thanks for understanding.

Any orders that had not shipped were just refunded. Glad I was at least able to get these into a few people's hands! I was pretty much losing money on these anyways, but I do not want to stress people out. Project officially shut down.

There. I would have posted this on my original post, but like I said, the ADMIN closed the thread without contacting me. [nono]

But IDGAF, and this saves me the hassle. And despite this, I will continue to design and develop products for this community, but finding the info within threads may present a challenge.

NONETHELESS
Good luck printing, and have fun driving!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3241034

Yoo! To all the folks on the forum still needing the 3d printed adapters. I really just wanted to offer these to the community, but I realize Im just too busy to offer them myself...

I have a few printed out, and can fulfill the remaining orders or just refund everyone. The very LAST thing I want to do is take away from this community, so let my poor communication be a reflection of me and not this community. But from my experience, we are mostly all on here to try and help each other out...

Sorry again yall and thanks for understanding.
Thanks for chiming in [MENTION=8550]Meowoosh[/MENTION]. I can understand being busy. $10 is not stressful but purchasing the ancillary pieces such as the OEM harness and lightbar + Kevin's adapters could be. I only wanted your 3D units for the glove box but need everything else for my 2018 to make yours work.

That said, if you still have a set, would you mind sending them to me? I'm in Reno NV. Thx.

Yup, and keep the refund. These are definitely a necesity on the last 3 years of production for this model, which equates to a lot of cars! While my mounts can be printed over and over, the limiting factor here is the led wiring harness and the lightbar itself, until wrecked FiSTs are readily available

The Y splitter makes the combination of harnesses a 5 second job and is basically the same price as the plugs themselves.

Got my Y-splitter yesterday and installed it in the post office parking lot. Fantastic quality and perfect function. All colors are correct, unlike the splitter I made that only got 2 colors right and scrambled the rest (probably due to shitty contacts in the connectors).

As many of us know, the 2017 FiST did not come with the glovebox ambient lighting strip or glovebox lights included in previous model years. You can purchase the OEM Ford harness with these missing LEDs, but splicing them into the existing ambient lighting system isn’t easy if you want to retain the option to return to stock in the future.

For this reason, I built a few Y-splitters for the factory wiring that provide a completely reversible method for adding the LEDs to the existing lighting system. The splitters use connectors matching the Ford factory connectors so they plug directly into the factory wiring, thus making it easy to convert back to stock if needed. Thanks to others on these forums for listing all the part numbers associated with this!

I built a total of 4 splitters (one for me), so I have 3 that I am selling. PM me if you want one.

$18 shipped to the lower 48.

Is there any more available?

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #32
New Batch!

Finally got around to making one final batch of splitters. Hopefully I have enough to fulfill all remaining and future orders (these proved way more popular than I anticipated). Same $25 price (shipped) as before.

In addition, when I did this project myself last year, there had been supply issues with the light harness and light diffuser bar going in and out of stock on the Tasca website. To ensure availability, I purchased several sets of the light harness and diffuser bar from Tasca to be sold along with my splitters. If you have not purchased the lights yourself yet, I can package up the light harness, light diffuser bar, and a splitter for $75 shipped. This would provide you with everything you need to get the light bar installed. All light "packages" have been sold, although all parts are still readily available to order yourself.

Post here or send me a PM and I will get a splitter to you!

Last edited:
OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #34
One lights/splitter package sold to apex1, thanks! One package remaining.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #37
The last lights/splitter package has been sold to Nostromo, thanks!

I still have plenty of splitters ready to ship! All you would then need is the diffuser bar and LED harness that I had included in the package. They are part numbers BE8Z-13E701-A and BE8Z-14A411-A from Tascaparts.com. I haven't seen any availability problems recently so I did not bother to stock up on any more myself since anyone can order directly themselves.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #39
1 splitter sold to SDeYoung, thanks! Still more remaining.