Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2017 Ambient Lighting - Y-Splitter for Adding LEDs

Trader history for FiestaZag (1)

Conveniently received my splitter and the parts from Tasca the same day. Quality of the splitter is top notch and it made installation a breeze.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #44
Conveniently received my splitter and the parts from Tasca the same day. Quality of the splitter is top notch and it made installation a breeze.
Thanks for the feedback!

Another splitter sold to Fistpoundin, thanks!

These adapters from [MENTION=9347]FiestaZag[/MENTION] are great and a time saver. This along with the 3D printed glovebox led housings from [MENTION=8550]Meowoosh[/MENTION] completes the interior lighting.

used the splitter and if anyone is on the fence about getting it, great product, works and fits perfect. no brainer if you want extra lights.

Hey! Interested in your splitter now that I traded in my 2016 for a 2019.

Question about the Jumper Wiring - Ford (BE8Z-14A411-A) that you referenced. Why is this necessary if you're providing the splitter? I must be missing something.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #54
I'd take one if any are available. PM sent
Another one sold to Joepro87, thanks!

Hey! Interested in your splitter now that I traded in my 2016 for a 2019.

Question about the Jumper Wiring - Ford (BE8Z-14A411-A) that you referenced. Why is this necessary if you're providing the splitter? I must be missing something.
The wire harness part no. you are asking about contains the actual LEDs that are being added for the glovebox; the 2017+ don’t include the glovebox LED at all. My splitter allows you to “split” the currently installed footwell-only LEDs to add a second string of LEDs for the glovebox lighting, all using the OEM Ford connectors. The LED harness has three LEDs, one you will use for the above-glovebox accent light on the dash, and the other two can be used for illuminating the glovebox interior (or just leave them unused behind the dash).

Let me know if you have any more questions, and PM me if you would like a splitter!

The wire harness part no. you are asking about contains the actual LEDs that are being added for the glovebox; the 2017+ don’t include the glovebox LED at all. My splitter allows you to “split” the currently installed footwell-only LEDs to add a second string of LEDs for the glovebox lighting, all using the OEM Ford connectors. The LED harness has three LEDs, one you will use for the above-glovebox accent light on the dash, and the other two can be used for illuminating the glovebox interior (or just leave them unused behind the dash).

Let me know if you have any more questions, and PM me if you would like a splitter!
Oh okay so the purpose of the second harness from Ford would be to add additional lights other than just the missing one exterior the glove box.

Has anyone done this already? Would love to see some examples. I read through this thread but didn't see any.

Next someone needs to make an automatic color-shifting module!

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #56
Oh okay so the purpose of the second harness from Ford would be to add additional lights other than just the missing one exterior the glove box.

Has anyone done this already? Would love to see some examples. I read through this thread but didn't see any.

The harness from Ford adds the missing light above the glovebox. You also end up with two extra LEDs that you can do what you want with; some add them to the glovebox interior.

Poloadvance95 kindly included photos of his completed install in post #46 on this thread.

Scroll up to post #46, it looks awesome. I need it in my life!

The harness from Ford adds the missing light above the glovebox. You also end up with two extra LEDs that you can do what you want with; some add them to the glovebox interior.

Poloadvance95 kindly included photos of his completed install in post #46 on this thread.
Oh? I thought the missing light bar connects directly into your splitter. That's where my confusion lies.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #59
Another splitter sold to weazsel, thanks!

Oh? I thought the missing light bar connects directly into your splitter. That's where my confusion lies.
The diffuser bar is just a clear plastic diffuser to distribute the light across the slot, you can see there's no wires in the product photos. The separate wiring harness contains the actual LEDs.

More info can be found in the thread here: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/12993-2017-Ambient-Lighting-No-Longer-Above-Glove-Box-!

Another splitter sold to weazsel, thanks!

The diffuser bar is just a clear plastic diffuser to distribute the light across the slot, you can see there's no wires in the product photos. The separate wiring harness contains the actual LEDs.

More info can be found in the thread here: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/12993-2017-Ambient-Lighting-No-Longer-Above-Glove-Box-!
Ah ok! Yeah didn't notice that in the photo. Thanks for the clarification and the link to the other post.

Edit: And count me in for one of your splitters! PM sent.