Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2017 Ambient Lighting - Y-Splitter for Adding LEDs

Trader history for FiestaZag (1)

As many of us know, the 2017 FiST did not come with the glovebox ambient lighting strip or glovebox lights included in previous model years. You can purchase the OEM Ford harness with these missing LEDs, but splicing them into the existing ambient lighting system isn’t easy if you want to retain the option to return to stock in the future.

For this reason, I built a few Y-splitters for the factory wiring that provide a completely reversible method for adding the LEDs to the existing lighting system. The splitters use connectors matching the Ford factory connectors so they plug directly into the factory wiring, thus making it easy to convert back to stock if needed. Thanks to others on these forums for listing all the part numbers associated with this!

I built a total of 4 splitters (one for me), so I have 3 that I am selling. PM me if you want one.

$18 shipped to the lower 48.

As many of us know, the 2017 FiST did not come with the glovebox ambient lighting strip or glovebox lights included in previous model years. You can purchase the OEM Ford harness with these missing LEDs, but splicing them into the existing ambient lighting system isn’t easy if you want to retain the option to return to stock in the future.

For this reason, I built a few Y-splitters for the factory wiring that provide a completely reversible method for adding the LEDs to the existing lighting system. The splitters use connectors matching the Ford factory connectors so they plug directly into the factory wiring, thus making it easy to convert back to stock if needed. Thanks to others on these forums for listing all the part numbers associated with this!

I built a total of 4 splitters (one for me), so I have 3 that I am selling. PM me if you want one.

$18 shipped to the lower 48.

Nice work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #7
The first three PMs I received were from apex1, mdude58, and apt77. I am getting shipping supplies together and will be replying to your PMs with PayPal info soon.

I have received a couple more PMs inquiring if I would make more since these 3 have been sold. I am open to making additional sets, but I will need to raise the price to $25 shipped to make it worth my time/effort.

If anyone is interested in a Y-splitter at this price, PM me and I will tally together a total so I can place another order for the connectors in a week or so.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #8
After making a second batch of splitters, one sale fell through and I now have one extra. If anyone wants the last one, let me know. I won't be making any more after this last one ships.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #10
No message from Blinkie; also did not respond to my message to them.

Last splitter still available.

Just an observation here. If anyone out there has a 2017 or a 2018 FiST and is contemplating adding the ambient light bar above the glove box, you would be crazy to let this last splitter get away. It makes the installation of a second harness so clean and easy. In my opinion, it is a bargain at $25, and I am really grateful to FiestaZag for taking the time to make these for us.

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #12
Thank you for the comments, apex1.

Last splitter was just sold to StevenSmith15. Happy lighting, all!

OP
FiestaZag
Thread Starter #16
Due to the apparent demand for these...I have ordered parts to build more! I will update this post once I have a more information.

Count me in please. I had a go at making my own Y-Splitter and it works pretty well, but the pins don't fit perfectly in the connectors and get pushed out when you try to connect them. Thought I got it to work, but then I cycled the colors and only 1 works as it should (luckily its the color I leave it in). Pretty proud of the effort for my first custom harness, but I'd rather have a known good harness that works in all conditions.