Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to me Kona Blue in AL

C1C7B65A-5193-48F1-BC5E-247AF2030AE1.jpeg

Hi guys, I just picked this up about a week ago. 2016 Kona Blue FiST with I believe every option. I’ve been toying with the idea of one since they first came out and all the great reviews started. I had a great drive from Cleveland, OH down to AL. I found some great roads in SE OH, through the mining towns of WV, and a quick run through the Tail of the Dragon. The FiST isn’t a car I fell in love with on the first drive, but I’m becoming more and more impressed the more I drive it! It joins a BRZ and a WRX (soon to be turned into a Factory Five 818) that I’ve been driving for a few years. Already had a good time at an autocross yesterday!

I have an addiction to modding and have been learning the best options by researching here. I knew the car had an air intake and an AP when I bought it. My plan engine wise was to get a few other bolt ons and get a Stratified tune. Turns out what the car has is the Mountune MP215 package with the programmer that can’t be used for anything else! I’m going to go find out from the Ford dealership how much they would want to unprogram and if the package could for sure be programmed to someone else’s car. Maybe I can get a few dollars out of it.

Looking forward to learning more about this car and having fun with it!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! Love the color. The MP215 is "married" to the car. It can't be installed on another one.

I'm pretty sure that if you reflash it with a different tune, it will just override the current program. Maybe someone else will chime in and tell us for sure. At least you can keep the intake!

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Welcome! Love the color. The MP215 is "married" to the car. It can't be installed on another one.

I'm pretty sure that if you reflash it with a different tune, it will just override the current program. Maybe someone else will chime in and tell us for sure. At least you can keep the intake!
Thanks! Yeah it sounds like writing over this one is no problem with another AP. Haven’t seen much info on whether the dealer can “unmarry” or not. Either way, not a big deal, but I’d like someone else to get some use out of the MP215 if possible once I mod to my liking.