Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: New 2018 Teaser Trailer
12 Likes

  1. #11
    New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    4495
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    8


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Once Ford stops selling new Fist in the states the amount of hardware available for modding will shrink pretty fast. Its about making money from people who want to mod their NEW car.

  2. #12
    Member 61 Rep Points captainmorbid's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8472
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Edmonton
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    61


    1 Likes

    New 2018 Teaser Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by BobMaxed View Post
    Once Ford stops selling new Fist in the states the amount of hardware available for modding will shrink pretty fast. Its about making money from people who want to mod their NEW car.
    Normally I’d agree, but there are still vendors selling performance parts for MKI Focus. I’d guess that some will fold their tent and move on, but I doubt we’ll lose all our support Jan 1st 2019.

    Edit: most people do the hardcore mods AFTER the new vehicle warranty is kaput. If I go that route, it’ll be post coverage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

  3. #13
    Senior Member 129 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    4988
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    129


    1 Likes

    ^^^^ Agreed.

    Mostly it depends how many cars are still on the road and what percentage of their drivers that are likely willing and able to do the mods.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by neeqness; 03-14-2018 at 07:07 PM.

  4. #14
    Member 460 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8838
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    460


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    Agreed.

    Mostly it depends how many cars are still on the road and what percentage of their drivers that are likely willing and able to do the mods.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    This is true the aftermarket community for the Nissan 240sx was ok in the 90's while and right after Nissan was manufacturing the car but the aftermarket did not really take off big time till around 2000. That was a a full 7 years after U.S. Sales stopped. For the next 7 years the aftermarket for the car grew immensly . We could see the same thing with the FiST. Of course that will come with a marked drastic depreciation drop in the value of our cars thereby making them affordable for budget minded tuners.

    Truthfully our cars are already depreciating drastically. If you buy one new its best to either lease if you don't think you will want it in a few years or buy it knowing you want to keep this fun little monster and do not plan on getting rid of it for a long time.

  5. #15
    Member 292 Rep Points TDavis's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8707
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    292


    I like that they went with full LED headlights.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

  6. #16
    Member 61 Rep Points captainmorbid's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8472
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Edmonton
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    61


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    Agreed.

    Mostly it depends how many cars are still on the road and what percentage of their drivers that are likely willing and able to do the mods.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    I’d say that within 2 years after production ceases for us, someone will release tuning support and forced induction kits for the non turbo Fiesta. That would kickstart a load of aftermarket support for the platform. Because, the regular Fiesta is just now hitting the mid 4 digit price range used, so we may see a solid aftermarket for quite some time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

  7. #17
    Member 460 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8838
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    460


    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorbid View Post
    I’d say that within 2 years after production ceases for us, someone will release tuning support and forced induction kits for the non turbo Fiesta. That would kickstart a load of aftermarket support for the platform. Because, the regular Fiesta is just now hitting the mid 4 digit price range used, so we may see a solid aftermarket for quite some time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni
    This is pretty much on point. As its been seen with other cult performance cars.

  8. #18
    Senior Member 1192 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    4438
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,170
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1192


    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Of course that will come with a marked drastic depreciation drop in the value of our cars thereby making them affordable for budget minded tuners.
    Sadly, it will also come to the point where those of us who bought new will be spending more on the mods we want to install than these cars will be worth as well.
    (As is ALWAYS the case.)
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

  9. #19
    Member 460 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8838
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    460


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Sadly, it will also come to the point where those of us who bought new will be spending more on the mods we want to install than these cars will be worth as well.
    (As is ALWAYS the case.)
    Unless with through caution to the wind warraty wise and do them in the nxt few years.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •