Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2018 Teaser Trailer

OP
bombo107
Thread Starter #4
I know it sucks. They're still selling them in 2018 but it's the old model I guess they just had leftover parts.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I wonder if they will have any extra recaros laying around once they finish up the 2018s that are remaining. Would happily pay for them.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds cool, too. Optional LSD? Wow.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe 3-4 years from now we will see one of these come stateside, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

The aftermarket is so well developed for our cars. I you could buy a new model, it might take years to be able to buy a lot of mods for it. How long until Cobb has an AP for it? Will it sell in big enough numbers to justify the development costs? Tunes for the new 3 banger? Maybe eventually. Do you want to be a beta tester? I wouldn't want a new version for quite some time.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The aftermarket is so well developed for our cars. I you could buy a new model, it might take years to be able to buy a lot of mods for it. How long until Cobb has an AP for it? Will it sell in big enough numbers to justify the development costs? Tunes for the new 3 banger? Maybe eventually. Do you want to be a beta tester? I wouldn't want a new version for quite some time.
When the 2014 ST came out, a lot of modifications were available right away or within a few months. Many aftermarket companies have global resources and partnerships with Ford to get early cars for testing. Since we won't be getting a new Fiesta, it doesn't really matter.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Maybe some parts will be interchangeable? LSD anyone?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Once Ford stops selling new Fist in the states the amount of hardware available for modding will shrink pretty fast. Its about making money from people who want to mod their NEW car.

Once Ford stops selling new Fist in the states the amount of hardware available for modding will shrink pretty fast. Its about making money from people who want to mod their NEW car.
Normally I’d agree, but there are still vendors selling performance parts for MKI Focus. I’d guess that some will fold their tent and move on, but I doubt we’ll lose all our support Jan 1st 2019.

Edit: most people do the hardcore mods AFTER the new vehicle warranty is kaput. If I go that route, it’ll be post coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

neeqness

1000 Post Club
^^^^ Agreed.

Mostly it depends how many cars are still on the road and what percentage of their drivers that are likely willing and able to do the mods.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Agreed.

Mostly it depends how many cars are still on the road and what percentage of their drivers that are likely willing and able to do the mods.

This is true the aftermarket community for the Nissan 240sx was ok in the 90's while and right after Nissan was manufacturing the car but the aftermarket did not really take off big time till around 2000. That was a a full 7 years after U.S. Sales stopped. For the next 7 years the aftermarket for the car grew immensly . We could see the same thing with the FiST. Of course that will come with a marked drastic depreciation drop in the value of our cars thereby making them affordable for budget minded tuners.

Truthfully our cars are already depreciating drastically. If you buy one new its best to either lease if you don't think you will want it in a few years or buy it knowing you want to keep this fun little monster and do not plan on getting rid of it for a long time.

Agreed.

I’d say that within 2 years after production ceases for us, someone will release tuning support and forced induction kits for the non turbo Fiesta. That would kickstart a load of aftermarket support for the platform. Because, the regular Fiesta is just now hitting the mid 4 digit price range used, so we may see a solid aftermarket for quite some time.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I’d say that within 2 years after production ceases for us, someone will release tuning support and forced induction kits for the non turbo Fiesta. That would kickstart a load of aftermarket support for the platform. Because, the regular Fiesta is just now hitting the mid 4 digit price range used, so we may see a solid aftermarket for quite some time.

This is pretty much on point. As its been seen with other cult performance cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Of course that will come with a marked drastic depreciation drop in the value of our cars thereby making them affordable for budget minded tuners.
Sadly, it will also come to the point where those of us who bought new will be spending more on the mods we want to install than these cars will be worth as well. [:(]
(As is ALWAYS the case.)