Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Driving Road.....In the World.

What road of these 10 do you want to take your FiSt to it's limits?

• Atlantic Ocean Road, Norway

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Col de Turini, France

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Forcella di Lavardet, Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Furka Pass, Switzerland

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Old Gotthard Pass, Switzerland

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Passo San Boldo, Italy

• Stelvio Pass, Italy

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Tianmen mountain road Zhangjiajie China

• Trollstigen mountain road, Norway

• Transf-a-garasan Road, Romania

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, which of these ten roads listed, in and about the globe, would you want to push your FiST to it's limits?
Don't go screaming that there are no roads in the U.S. listed...I'm going to do a U.S. road poll separately.
Note: The hyphens in the road name of the Romanian highway are put there on purpose. This website is censoring the three letters that are separated thinking it's an "offensive" word hidden in another word....wtf? PC police have gone WAAAAAAYY too far.

Atlantic Ocean Road, Norway

Col De Turini, France

Forcella di Lavardet, Italy

Furka Pass in the Switzerland

Old Gotthard Pass, Switzerland

Passo San Boldo, Italy

Stelvio Pass, Italy

Tianmen mountain road Zhangjiajie China

Trollstigen mountain road, Norway

Transf-a-garasan Road, Romania

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I think these are all classified as "enthusiast" roads.

I've seen a few too many videos of such roads where the drivers and riders are regularly and irresponsibly taking blind curves in the wrong lane. So that means even if you're driving responsibly there's a decent chance that you'll get creamed by some idiot living out their Mario Andretti fantasy on a public road. (and probably 6 hours from the nearest ER no less) I'll pass on all of them.

A7xogg

I think this thread should be about roads you have driven. Its really hard to know the road till you have driven it. All these people on the forum and prob one person has driven one of the roads listed. Please prove me wrong. Rt 44/55 in New York state in Ulster county is probably the best road I've been on in the fiesta. It's the same road that went viral when the fors owner crashed going around that hair pen turn. Anyway I voted for Transf-a-garasan Road, Romania.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I think this thread should be about roads you have driven. Its really hard to know the road till you have driven it. All these people on the forum and prob one person has driven one of the roads listed. Please prove me wrong. Rt 44/55 in New York state in Ulster county is probably the best road I've been on in the fiesta. It's the same road that went viral when the fors owner crashed going around that hair pen turn. Anyway I voted for Transf-a-garasan Road, Romania.
2 of them. Was met by a unimog camper on Stelvio. Fortunately the passenger on the bike ahead was signalling us on oncoming vehicles.

A7xogg

2 of them. Was met by a unimog camper on Stelvio. Fortunately the passenger on the bike ahead was signalling us on oncoming vehicles.
How is it? Is it as epic as it looks or just alot of turns and awesome views?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
How is it? Is it as epic as it looks or just alot of turns and awesome views?
Not very technical. Just 90° turns zigzaging towards the top. The Dolomites are awesome. I was riding a K75 so not that sporting.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not very technical. Just 90° turns zigzaging towards the top. The Dolomites are awesome. I was riding a K75 so not that sporting.
Hey, it was sporting for the time!

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #12
I think this thread should be about roads you have driven. Its really hard to know the road till you have driven it. A
Well, that sounds like a thread that you should create. That's not the point of this exercise. It's to choose a road that you would like to drive if you had the chance. 99% of users probably haven't driven on roads in Europe and abroad. I have, but nothing like the ones in the poll. WHEN I make the other thread about U.S. roads, maybe a lot more people can pipe in on how they have driven them and liked them. I know I can talk about one of them, but that will be the teaser for the other poll.

Furka and the Romania one look to be the best and have the most "differences". All the other ones seem to be mainly straights in to a switchback. Sure, that can be fun but not 10 or them in a row.

Done Stelvio and Furka on motorcycle. I prefer Furka.
I'm agree with you...I've tried to make a video of a test in this beautiful mountain road (Stelvio pass), but the traffic was so hard and slow… and full of unqualified drivers, so I've decided to seek another road for my next tests[:)][:)]

Col de Turini is a very important passage of the Montecarlo rally.
I love this very technical road,even if I've found so many people driving cars like Porsche or Ferrari and Lamborghini, who thought to be the total owners, driving without any simple respect for the Others.[:)]

Last edited:

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
only one of the pics work for me. all of those are across the ocean for me, so if i have to ship my car then it will be the Vette not the FiST, and it will be to the Nordschleife. if we're talking local and something i will realistically drive, then i'd say the Twisted Sisters is pretty high up there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Col de Tourini is a very important passage of the Monte Carlo rally.
THIS is why I chose the Turini, as it's infamy during that event, especially when it was run at night with mixed snow/ice/dry surfaces (making tire choices an impossible task) is LEGENDARY!!

My only differing request is that I would like to run it in a fully prepped Fiesta WRC, on the closed road, as a course opening car for the actual Monte stages. (NOT that I have that much inherent talent/skill, LOL).

only one of the pics work for me. all of those are across the ocean for me, so if i have to ship my car then it will be the Vette not the FiST, and it will be to the Nordschleife. if we're talking local and something i will realistically drive, then i'd say the Twisted Sisters is pretty high up there.
Wuaow! The Ring is a very very amazing place where you can enjoy with a fast car.
The only one problem...it's always overcrowded...you can find motorbikes,buses and every kind of strange car..
The best solution could be rent the entire track [biggrin]

THIS is why I chose the Turini, as it's infamy during that event, especially when it was run at night with mixed snow/ice/dry surfaces (making tire choices an impossible task) is LEGENDARY!!

My only differing request is that I would like to run it in a fully prepped Fiesta WRC, on the closed road, as a course opening car for the actual Monte stages. (NOT that I have that much inherent talent/skill, LOL).
Totally agree with u....[cheers]..I've made only one video (posted on YouTube) in a closed road,testing the ST.
This place was about 5 km...a very dirty and narrow road,full of small and medium stones.
Having a complete closed road is not so easy….probably the best solution could be renting a rally car,but it is very very expensive,moreover in the World Rally competition...[sadpanda]

I was on Susten Pass in Switzerland last month and I believe it was the best of the passes there. All of the other passes have crazy traffic but susten just has a bunch of enthusiasts racing each other up and down it.