Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Caliper Paint G2 vs Duplicolor

Brake Color on Orange Spice FiST

• Red

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Looking to spice up my calipers from stock silvers.

Anyone have experience using G2 or Duplicolor? Which one they prefer?

I have an Orange Spice car, thinking of either Orange, Blue, or Red

I used G2 red on my MO and 18 months later they still look good. Paint goes a lot further than you think.

I used VHT for mine and it works awesome. My car has (unfortunately) never been in a garage and I do lots of road trips and it has held up no problem. I did accidentally take some off while using a high power washer but I easily touched them up and they look fine again

Also now looking at the recommendations, I didn't use primer or any clear coat/curing and it still works well!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used VHT for mine and it works awesome. My car has (unfortunately) never been in a garage and I do lots of road trips and it has held up no problem. I did accidentally take some off while using a high power washer but I easily touched them up and they look fine again

Also now looking at the recommendations, I didn't use primer or any clear coat/curing and it still works well!
^^^THIS! [thumb]

I don't know about the G2, as this is the first time I'm hearing about it as a quality caliper paint.

But the VHT has a 900*F temp limit, whereas the DupliColor has a 500*F limit.

The VHT also stayed on my Z28's calipers through MANY salt soup winters, and hard use, elevated temp summers despite totally 'improper prep' and no primer used. ;)

slopoke

I also used VHT red caliper paint on my rear caliper brackets, that I used to install bigger rear rotors. Awful close match to the red that my factory calipers are painted with.

codestp202

If you're going to autox or track I recommend using whatever has the highest temp rating. I bubbled the stock red paint on my oem calipers at a track day. My wilwoods have held up to the temp.

I highly recommend using G2 brush on paint. It dries as a very hard enamel type coating. Its incredibly strong and long lasting. I've used several different kinds of caliper paint for rotor hats and calipers and every one of them failed within a year or two. The G2 was much easier to use and on my Acura I even installed high temp vinyl lettering to top off the look. The car was black and painted the calipers black with silver "ACURA" lettering. After two years it never came off and the paint looked great after a quick spray off when dirt or dust got on them. I will never use anything other than that for rotor hats or calipers again.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I have used the G2 paint on a bunch of cars and I have been really happy with the results.

I have used the G2 paint on a bunch of cars and I have been really happy with the results.
Have used g2 several times. Works great. Buy a nice foam brush, the one supplied sucks
I agree...you won't find a better product for the ease of it, the results, longevity, and all you really have to do is take the wheel off. I would never use spray caliper paint ever again. My brother found out what kind of paint/enamel that G2 uses but i can't remember the name of it. Just like with most adhesives, jb weld or anything like that... when its a 2-part solution, it always seems to work the best.

Have used g2 several times. Works great. Buy a nice foam brush, the one supplied sucks
I agree...you won't find a better product for the ease of it, the results, longevity, and all you really have to do is take the wheel off. I would never use spray caliper paint ever again. My brother found out what kind of paint/enamel that G2 uses but i can't remember the name of it. Just like with most adhesives, jb weld or anything like that... when its a 2-part solution, it always seems to work the best.

I used the duplicolor stuff and it turned out okay, not perfect but that's okay, it is what it is. Has held up pretty well daily driving and autocross. The only thing that I'll say about it that's kind of bad is that it's nearly impossible to get all the brake dust back out of, the color seems to "fade" a little. Did mine about a year ago and I'm going to assume a touch-up will bring it back to the bright red.

On the up-side, I think I paid something like $15 at AutoZone with a coupon or something.

Oh, I did forget to add that it's very thick and self levels which is pretty nice.

I actually didn't want the red calipers and black wheels but everything else about the car was right. I've got Platinum White and have warmed up to the black wheels (still would have preferred the stock color) but I want to get rid of the red. Am I reading correctly that if I use the G2 brush on, I can just paint over the red? Are there any other prep steps to take other than cleaning them off first? Thanks!