Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Phonebook Download on Sync

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The original problem I had was that the phone's phonebook would not auto download into SYNC.
This procedure was on my '14 FiST with original SYNC and a new Samsung S9+.
I have heard that this problem has been with many Android phones although the procedure may be different but similar.

The fix is to add a contact(s) manually.

Start with "Settings" in lower right corner of the SYNC screen.
Next select "PHONE"
Using the slide bar on the right, scroll down to "MANAGE PHONEBOOK" and select.
Next select "Add Contact From Phone".
You will then get a screen that says start adding contact from your phone and there will be a zero for contacts added, there will also be a button for OK, do not push at this time.
Now go to your phone's contact list and select "SHARE" from the drop down menu at the upper right of your screen (3 dots).
Next the phone will ask you to "SELECT CONTACTS", if you want all then select ALL.
Now press the new SHARE button in the upper right of your phone.
The phone will ask "Share Contact As", choose "vCard File".
Now the phone will ask, where to share, select, "BLUETOOTH" and then "SYNC".
Watch the Car's Sync screen and you will see that zero count up all your contacts.
When the number stops then press the "OK" button.
You will now get a message on the SYNC screen of Phonebook Download Complete and SYNC will return to normal operation.

The only problem with this is that the contacts will still not auto download.
So if you change contacts on your phone will you need to perform this again to update the phonebook in SYNC.

Dave

Last edited: