Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removed stock DV to install GFB, wrong GFB so I put back to stock - fluttering a lot now

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It's the stock DV, I reassembled it with the stock spring and everything, reinstalled, tightened, and confirmed the harness was connected properly. I noticed that at part throttle its doing the turkey gobbling flutter a LOT louder than it did before removal/reinstallation. Any ideas? I know that *with* the GFB it flutters more, but without it, stock valve that has simply been disassembled and reassembled, it's fluttering really loud. Any input appreciated. I'll probably remove/inspect/reinstall tomorrow just to be sure, but let me know what you all think.

Funny enough the GFB I received was the same part number as the one that was installed in my prior car, a fiat 500 Abarth, same DV+ that the BMW N55's use.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
What else did you take apart?

Are you sure that your stock valve is properly oriented?
I'll quadruple check when I pull it back apart tomorrow, the harness plug is right by the bottom-most bolt making it harder to take apart with an allen wrench, it was still in the way while reinstalling so I am 99% sure it's oriented the same. I don't think it has much side-to-side wiggle room, but I'll check that tomorrow as well.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
ok looks like i accidentally reinstalled the stock dv with the GFB dv+ spring, I've reassembled with the oem spring and I'm putting it back together now..

this install is a PITA to do one-handed.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
The flutter did sound amazing if I’m being honest. The 1.5 miles I drove it it sounded like a tiny version of my grand national :D