Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks And the DZll's are a good consistant tire pretty good in the wet I found out too..

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
How does those front tires affect your mpg and rpm?
It took about 1.5mpg off the meter, but since the speedo is not true, its prob 1mpg. Also, it does effect acceleration from 45+mph. Its basically changed the gear ratio. But on the flip-side, its a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT in forward traction. The larger sidewalls reduced lateral traction, but that's likely more to do with this being a $76 tire.

From a stop, its extremely better if your car has "above stock" tuning. My car hooked on stock tires, when it was stock. After the TBE and cobb tuner it hurt the tires feelings in about all areas. When I put the stg3 tune on it with E30, it was all over. Stock tires were a waste. I felt like I was drive a wheel spin / torque steer monster focus ST. The tires gave up somethings, but they also increased traction where I needed it. I'm happy with the results.

Keep in mind... A different brand tire may not fit as they vary in size, despite the calmed size.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The fronts are 235/40/17 on stock wheels? Because that looks...right.
And it will be cheaper than shelling out for the new bronze Team Dynamic wheels that have my pants so tight
What brand and model of tires are those on the front? Also, for giggles, have you tested them on the rear?

mounted my 235/40r17 today. going to get the heat gun and roll my fenders. only rubs on aggressive turns, but not really that much.

hxrly

Yep. They were $76 a piece too. Cheap-o sumoto (or something) extreme summer tires.
I just looked for Sumitomo in my e-mail, and an order came up from 2006 when I bought tires for my Focus SVT, 225/45ZR-17 Sumitomo HTR+ for $70 each. Same 17x7 wheel size as the Fiesta ST. Here's how they looked:

razorlab

1000 Post Club
mounted my 235/40r17 today. going to get the heat gun and roll my fenders. only rubs on aggressive turns, but not really that much.
There isn't really anything to roll. They are flat unlike other cars. Check the tab inside the front well where the bumper meets the fender. It's a horrible design and sticks out in the fender well. I had to take one bolt out and shave that tab down on mine

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've read the 235/40/17 will NOT fit on the rear. So I run stock tires in the rear and meat up from :)
Mine had to be replaced due to road hazards. One stock tire was patched twice, the other took a piece of flat bar through the cords. For the price, it didn't hurt my feelings.