Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I loved my Star Spec's nice grippy tire and the DZll are good in the rain for a summer tire they are all good just depends how racey you want to be and what you can afford or want to afford

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well I'll just be doing some spirited daily driving. No tracking or autocross. But I don't want to buy something cheap. I don't mind spending cash on something worth it. I just don't know good tires in that size range. Trying to get educated.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Direzza ZII Star Spec
Looks like you would want those then as they are the newest Zll they should make you feel racey as they are said to be better that the ones I had :)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
For street i would go with bfg comp2 not from experience but because got great reviews, last longer and are cheaper than ZIIs. If I were hitting the track I would have went dunlops without a doubt.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
For street i would go with bfg comp2 not from experience but because got great reviews, last longer and are cheaper than ZIIs. If I were hitting the track I would have went dunlops without a doubt.
I was just about to ask about them. I liking the price and reviews. Thanks too!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I like getting all the opinions I can. Trust me I've read those reviews and looked at all the options. Wanted to getpeople's opinions on here. First hand experience with our cars and knowledgeable individuals.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I like getting all the opinions I can. Trust me I've read those reviews and looked at all the options. Wanted to getpeople's opinions on here. First hand experience with our cars and knowledgeable individuals.
Yup never hurts to shop and ask questions till you cant think of a tire that isnt good ...lol then go buy what you like anyways it is your money ... I would have had a set of BG's in I had waited a week longer for them to come out but I had gotten my SPec's and went neh load em up and let tear up some cones good tire... Let Us know what you do end up with and enjoy shopping :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yup never hurts to shop and ask questions till you cant think of a tire that isnt good ...lol then go buy what you like anyways it is your money ... I would have had a set of BG's in I had waited a week longer for them to come out but I had gotten my SPec's and went neh load em up and let tear up some cones good tire... Let Us know what you do end up with and enjoy shopping :)
Any differences between these three?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?AFFCODE=AD5&tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2&partnum=955VR5GFSPC2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?AFFCODE=AD5&tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+DZ101&partnum=955VR5DZ101V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?AFFCODE=AD5&tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+DZ102&partnum=955VR5DZ102&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

And will I be losing in performance benefits from going this route? I currently have a the Sport Edition 5 spoke 15'' wheel, that weight in 16 pounds.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
NOt a lot of difference maybe little in the wear rating and tread design all good choices for your needs. If anything the car may be a little quicker to spin the tires as they are lighter than stock.. and most times thats a good thing all around..

NOt a lot of difference maybe little in the wear rating and tread design all good choices for your needs. If anything the car may be a little quicker to spin the tires as they are lighter than stock.. and most times thats a good thing all around..
Lighter also means shorter stopping distance

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Hydroplane resistance is very important for me thats one of the most important reasons I chose the BFG.

Butterybunz

My winter setup:
16x7 wheels, et42, 205/50/16 winter tires
Absolutely no rubbing and a pretty dang comfortable ride

My summer setup:
16x7, ET 40, 225/45/16 summer tires
Absolutely no rubbing and lots of increased grip.
I will be putting a 3mm spacer on the front and 5mm spacer in the rear soon. So essentially I will be running an ET37 in the front and ET35 in the rear. Will report back if it rubs.

I am on stock suspension.

Hope this helps someone.

Airjor has 15x6.5 sparcos with 195/55/15 and looks oretty damn good...23.4" diameter
I think this is the exact size I'm gonna pick up soon, sparco drift 15x6.5 42 offset, 195/55/15 all seasons, kumho ecsta 4x (unless someone has a better suggestion for AS tires). With any luck it should fit well on stock suspension and be very close to stock rolling diameter.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I think this is the exact size I'm gonna pick up soon, sparco drift 15x6.5 42 offset, 195/55/15 all seasons, kumho ecsta 4x (unless someone has a better suggestion for AS tires). With any luck it should fit well on stock suspension and be very close to stock rolling diameter.
Same thing I'm doing. I have 15x6.5 also but I'm going to summer wheel route because I couldn't find any good all seasons in that size. Unless I missed them or not aware of them.