Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unique Cloth Sport Seats Vs Recaro's

OP
J
Thread Starter #21
I swapped from base seats to recaros. They have both been a struggle for me to be comfortable in to be honest. I’m 6’2” 200lbs athletic build. I agree I feel I’m never quite in the seat but on it in the recaros, but I’ve found a decently comfortable position after I broke the bolsters loose. I found a thread on the focus st forums where someone removed the plastic bolster holders within the seat. This let the bolsters “open up more” or stretch when you sit in them. I didn’t wanna disassemble the seats so I just pushed on them and you could hear a subtle pop. Sure enough they weren’t digging into my ribs, kidneys and thighs as much. The Recaros do improve the look of the interior and I would choose them again if I had to, the materials are great and still look as good as when I installed em. Good luck with your decision.
Were your seats brand new? I do know that racing style seats usually require a break in period and don't feel quite right until they are broken in. I had a porsche boxter once where the bolster felt weird to me but but I got used to how it sat on my back and sides

I am still at a point where I can change my factory order If I want to add a package. I have a Magnetic ST with Black Wheels and cloth Seats. After coming across some you tube videos with the magnetic with smoke grey recaros I am reconsidering my objection to paying $2k for them. My only issue is I can sit in them to compare since i'm deployed overseas. For comparison My last car was a chevy sonic ltz and those seats hurt after 2 hours of driving. So my question is How much more comfortable are the recaros over the cloth. Only concerned with comfort as I really wont be tracking it but may do some long drives. Wife has a Yaris and I think the stock seats in there are great. I am 5'8 210lbs with a 38" waist
I got some brand new ones in the used market for one hundred dollars. I mean I only got the front seats but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seats were out of a totaled fiesta, mileage was super low it (still had a window sticker on the rear glass). I’ve sat in multiple recaro cars at the auto show as well they feel identical. I agree there is a break in period/ you do just end up use to them... However these bolsters are super tight. I work in a exotic car customization shop and sit in similar seating a bunch some bolstered seats are more comfortable than others it’s nice when your back can rest straight back vs having to feel tilted cause your shoulder is partially on a bolster.

If you install aftermarket seats you will lose the airbags. Plus, if that generates an airbag fault light, I would not be surprised if you will disabling all of the airbags. Plus you might be staring at the light always being on--I don't know.

How is it dealing with the cg lock on a daily basis? Does it beat up the pillar plastic everything you take it off?
I also have a cg lock that I used to use on my old Mazdaspeed Miata for autocross events. I installed it in my FiST but was afraid it would beat up the interior, so off it came. I will just install it before any autocross events.

zanethan

If you install aftermarket seats you will lose the airbags. Plus, if that generates an airbag fault light, I would not be surprised if you will disabling all of the airbags. Plus you might be staring at the light always being on--I don't know.
There a write-up on how to bypass the seat airbags and not generate the fault light. I can attest that they work as I swapped in BRZ seats and have no airbag warning lights.

Sparco Seat install + Airbag bypass. '16 FiST

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=14529&share_type=t

I'm really happy with the Recaro seats in mine, they fit me perfectly. I'm 5'10", 185lb. Seriously could not form a seat to fit better.

Longest trip I've taken with it so far has been about 2 hours and had zero issues, very comfortable. Getting in and out everyday is hard on the outer thigh bolster but there's no way around it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The resistors people install to turn off the airbag light will also complete the circuit so that the other exploding whoopee cushions still function. ;)

Mikey456

I bought the recaros because I wanted support when the car is screeching around the turns. They are snug but You have to sit in it and decide. Depends on your driving style too. It was worth the 2k to me.