Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Injectors, Plus 30% Flow.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So they’re claiming 315whp? We already have that.

Edit- 357. I don’t math gud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Looks like a waste of money to me. I'll keep my aux fuel until a replacement that can make 400+hp is made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well this is cheaper than getting Auxiliary fuel...But still doesn't help with the intake valves carboning up. But always good to have choices! [thumb]
^^^THIS!
I would want the 4 port injection aux system as much for it's intake valve 'washing' properties/function, as for the fueling necessary for a 300+WHP setup. ;) [thumb]

pwnall1337

Vendor
If anyone is interested in a quote for the injectors shoot me a PM. I can offer a good deal on these injectors.

Update:

So I spoke with Jason and he informed me that these injectors are supposed to and do flow 30% more fuel on the same oem HPFP and a HPFP upgrade is not necessary, but your tuner will have to be familiar with injector scaling. SCT has the values mapped out, however I'm not sure about cobb. The spray pattern should be OEM as they were designed for the car and are produced by bosch who make the oem injectors for the fiesta st.

Last edited:
I'm trying to learn here, but the limit on our car after the turbo is the fuel pump right? Those injectors seems to be helping (and 30% is pretty good), but if we eventually want to break a bigger barrier, the fuel pump will need to be upgraded? and right now there is no upgraded fuel pump on the market?

Also, is the stratified aux fuel system (and I believe Boomba has something similar?) made to provide more gas for more power on pump gas or is it made to inject methanol or something at the same time? I read their whole page and I don't have the answer to my question.

It's my first modified car. Intercooler, downpipe and turbo are easy to understand how they can help make more power, but there's a few things (like this one) that I fail to understood what they do exactly...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
“Basically you only have so many engine rotation degrees to inject fuel. Increasing size should allow you to inject more in that window. But at what cost. The oem injectors are designed to work with the airflow tumble and swirl in the cylinder head. To work with the fuel pocket on the piston. If any of these are affected more "Wall wetting" will occur. Larger fuel droplets, more stream less spray, etc. This will cause more ring land failure, decreases efficiency, and cause the di pump to have to work harder. Which we all know the oem pump can't keep up with stock injectors how the fuck will they keep up with bigger ones.

Now let's talk Ecu calibration. These cars are extremely complex. We know this. I chance 300-500 tables for a big turbo car to run properly. There is probably 100-200 more I don't need to touch or modify as much that control all aspects of the low power engine dynamics. Now let's shove some fucked up drilled out bigger injectors that are inconsistent and inefficient then spend countless hrs trying to get it to idle, rev, run, good mpg, good transitions, part throttle tq etc etc just like the oem spent millions on doing themselves...

Ok now that we talked about all this cars like the ford GT v6 ecoboost comes with port injection. (Bosch developed), formula four ran the 1.6 ecoboost during a convention I got to sit and chat with the Bosch Motorsports engineers about di injection the main thing to take away is that for power/torque efficiency port is needed to pair with di. These are just some small examples. Most Toyota di cars come with port injection as well (brz/frs)

I can go on and on about what's and why's but my thumbs hurt

For what it’s worth to those that understand/comprehend”

-nobody

pwnall1337

Vendor
“Basically you only have so many engine rotation degrees to inject fuel. Increasing size should allow you to inject more in that window. But at what cost. The oem injectors are designed to work with the airflow tumble and swirl in the cylinder head. To work with the fuel pocket on the piston. If any of these are affected more "Wall wetting" will occur. Larger fuel droplets, more stream less spray, etc. This will cause more ring land failure, decreases efficiency, and cause the di pump to have to work harder. Which we all know the oem pump can't keep up with stock injectors how the fuck will they keep up with bigger ones.

Now let's talk Ecu calibration. These cars are extremely complex. We know this. I chance 300-500 tables for a big turbo car to run properly. There is probably 100-200 more I don't need to touch or modify as much that control all aspects of the low power engine dynamics. Now let's shove some fucked up drilled out bigger injectors that are inconsistent and inefficient then spend countless hrs trying to get it to idle, rev, run, good mpg, good transitions, part throttle tq etc etc just like the oem spent millions on doing themselves...

Ok now that we talked about all this cars like the ford GT v6 ecoboost comes with port injection. (Bosch developed), formula four ran the 1.6 ecoboost during a convention I got to sit and chat with the Bosch Motorsports engineers about di injection the main thing to take away is that for power/torque efficiency port is needed to pair with di. These are just some small examples. Most Toyota di cars come with port injection as well (brz/frs)

I can go on and on about what's and why's but my thumbs hurt

For what it’s worth to those that understand/comprehend”

-nobody

The tuning for the injectors is difficult It takes someone with a lot of experience with direct injection calibration and an engineering background to properly tune them as you have to modify the SOI AND EOI clips to scale them. SCT has done the research already for uprated injectors on certain ecoboost cars. This is certainly not the task for the average tuner. Bosch designed the oem injectors and I'm sure the uprated injectors share the same design and spray pattern. I emailed bosch to see if they can provide more detail around the uprated vs oem injectors they produce for the ecoboost motors.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The tuning for the injectors is difficult It takes someone with a lot of experience with direct injection calibration and an engineering background to properly tune them as you have to modify the SOI AND EOI clips to scale them. SCT has done the research already for uprated injectors on certain ecoboost cars. This is certainly not the task for the average tuner. Bosch designed the oem injectors and I'm sure the uprated injectors share the same design and spray pattern. I emailed bosch to see if they can provide more detail around the uprated vs oem injectors they produce for the ecoboost motors.
SOI? EOI clips?

slopoke

Will this allow me to run an ethanol tune on a GTX2860R?
Are you talking E30 or a higher ratio of ethanol? You should not need the injectors unless you intend to go above 285ish wheel horse power. The limit of those injectors state that it can be ok til 420 Brake Horse Power. which is 350ish Wheel Horse Power.

If you want more, then throttle body or port injection will be required. So, if you don't intend to go over 350 WHP the injectors will be a cheaper alternative. But if in the future you want to go mega horsepower, you will now spend another $880.00 plus. Buy once, cry once.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Which tuners can deal with these injectors ? Please chime in here....I may do these and see what they can do!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: