Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Injectors, Plus 30% Flow.

Are you talking E30 or a higher ratio of ethanol? You should not need the injectors unless you intend to go above 285ish wheel horse power. The limit of those injectors state that it can be ok til 420 Brake Horse Power. which is 350ish Wheel Horse Power.

If you want more, then throttle body or port injection will be required. So, if you don't intend to go over 350 WHP the injectors will be a cheaper alternative. But if in the future you want to go mega horsepower, you will now spend another $880.00 plus. Buy once, cry once.
I am already at 305whp on 93, so I'm hoping these injectors will be enough to follow an E30+ mix without any issues.

I don't think people who post "but I'm at XXX HP" understand that if you're maxed out of fuel these will give you more fuel and you'll make more power. the actual number you're at is irrelevant and just for a rough guide.

Been reading through this thread, and have been thinking that it would be really awesome to have some kind of flex fuel arrangement - so you don't fiddle with mixing (my 2 stroke days have long been over and don't have the patience for that crap at every fillup). Would be nice to just pump E85 straight in and have the PCM sort out the rest (love this about my F150).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is also a True Drop in replacement and not Having to physically alter the engine in anyway also..other than installing the injectors...ie spacing the alternator or cutting ears off valve covers...etc. etc.[wiggle]

Anything else happen with these? Did I miss a more alive thread about it? I'm going s280 and would love to make a bit more than pump with no aux can give. I'm looking for the easiest, less pervasive way.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anything else happen with these? Did I miss a more alive thread about it? I'm going s280 and would love to make a bit more than pump with no aux can give. I'm looking for the easiest, less pervasive way.
They have not been tested enough yet. They may be physically less intense to install, but the tuning will need to be pretty seriously revised for these. 4 port is still going to be the better method. Especially since youd get fuel to clean your valves as well.

I dont have the cash for 4 port yet. Has anyone explored the limitations of running wmi/single port e, bt, and the stock manifold? I ordered the 280 and I'm trying to figure out what parts I'd need to run a little over the stock pump limit(320-340)

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I dont have the cash for 4 port yet. Has anyone explored the limitations of running wmi/single port e, bt, and the stock manifold? I ordered the 280 and I'm trying to figure out what parts I'd need to run a little over the stock pump limit(320-340)
I'm about at the limit on stock fueling with my S280 at 270whp. My tuner is gonna throw a little more at it to see if it can do more, but short of 4 port there isn't much left.

You can run a TB spacer and get meth, but the amount of air the S280 flows compared to other turbos its size (VT330R etc) is much greater. SPTBI (single port) isn't going to be as efficient as 4 port, I would save up and get 4 port from the start, that way you don't outgrow it.

You're probably right and I'll just get my 91 squared and save for the 4 port. How does the stock mani hold up with mid 3's?

Yes. If I can safely use the stock exhaust mani, I'd free up some money for port or meth. I'm hesitant to use a single port at that level

What nossle size? I've been eyeing meth. That makes more sense for the power levels I want. I would be very content at 330

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What nossle size? I've been eyeing meth. That makes more sense for the power levels I want. I would be very content at 330
I think its a 250cc right now, he ran a 550cc but it went through a gallon every few days and he hated that.

Damn, seems the dispersment of fuel from the tb port injection isnt an issue. I also called strat to ask about that concern on the forums. They claimed they've never seen a cylinder go lean from unevenly spraying. Of course its theirs so I'm not sure on the validity of that.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Damn, seems the dispersment of fuel from the tb port injection isnt an issue. I also called strat to ask about that concern on the forums. They claimed they've never seen a cylinder go lean from unevenly spraying. Of course its theirs so I'm not sure on the validity of that.
It depends on what your tuner is comfortable with. Some prefer 4 port. Plus you open the door for more power down the road.

The intake manifold is not conducive to equal distribution of fuel, is it going to be terribly different? Probably not, but the 4 port is going to be better off in the long run.