Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FrankenTurbo

Trader history for FrankenTurbo (0)

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #21
I believe FrankenTurbo has been doing this longer and with better reviews than he who shall not be named and that angry guy who keeps going back and forth with trolls even though he says he won’t.
Hijinks -- you're talking about Tony Vargas of VTT. We are very familiar with him from our experiences on the BMW 3.0 twin turbo engine. That platform has an, ahem, spirited level of discourse and he's carrying some bad habits over to this community. You won't see that behavior from me. I've been doing this too long and have learned some vital coping mechanisms to keep from being driven mad by certain forum users. It's easy, really: I rarely interact with anyone online. I will post. I will report. But I've found little profit in bickering back and forth with anonymous account holders or competitors.

Anyway, I need to huddle with my tuning partners to find out the practicality of "porting" our F21TC turbo to this engine. That turbo is amazing on the 1.4 displacement. But, soberingly, the VW market has completely ignored it.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #22
My personal sweet spot is about 250-270 whp. It sounds like your product idea will do just that.

Maybe you can take over the void left by the C39:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2857-Cyborg-Upgraded-Stock-Turbocharger-System

I only got my Fist a few months ago and it wasn't available after I joined the community. I was looking into the X-37 but I became weary after reading about people blowing them up.
Have any among this crop of vendors upgraded the internal rotating assembly? Because the stock turbo is in BorgWarner's "KP39" series. It is very light duty. And that's surprising given the superior "K03" level specification of the turbo they developed on the VW 1.4L engine. Anyway, I don't want to fool around with those lightweight parts. I don't know much of anything about them, and rather than learn I'd rather just use the heavier assembly from our other products.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #24
What's the best sub-forum here for tech info? I want to research the availability of intercoolers, exhaust, etc. What wheel torque levels are safe for the platform? Has a limited slip differential been developed by anyone?

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/forums/8-EcoBoost-Engine-Upgrades

All those stickies will probably be really useful. This quick rundown is probably what you're looking for.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...AQ-A-Beginners-Guide-to-Modding-the-Fiesta-ST

LSD's have been developed. Here's a link:

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ted-slip-differential-lsd-2014-2017-fiesta-st

Not sure about the WTQ question though, I'm not as knowledgeable about that stuff as others on this forum. But, highest WTQ you can get on a stock turbo is 300 ft/lbs on E30.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All I have to say Is be honest with us all....There are other threads going on here if you look where vendors and members get into it something fierce. If its gonna be solid and reliable ..plus a warranty....I'm sure there will be people interested in it here. But remember Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass if ya get what I'm saying...We could use all the vendors and options we can get to help us create some wonderful heartbreakers to those in the more expensive yuppie realm if ya get me.....Welcome to the World of the FiST! And best of luck to you and FrankenTurbo!

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #27
...We could use all the vendors and options we can get to help us create some wonderful heartbreakers to those in the more expensive yuppie realm if ya get me.....
That's exactly the kind of product we've focused on for years. Here's an example:

[video=youtube;c9sbPwiNv6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9sbPwiNv6Q[/video]

We're not too fancy.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #28
Anyone who was wondering about the digital gauges: pre-turbine back-pressures and EGTs.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #30
The video didn't capture the peak values but you are close. On pump gas we got a lot higher. Here's a look.

[video=youtube;67to42mlsbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67to42mlsbg[/video]

The VW 1.8T engine made ten years ago didn't have a strong valve-train. So back-pressures above 60psi or so would cause the valves to "lift" (not close all the way). But the power levels you're seeing here are in the ballpark for an F21-series turbo suited to the EB 1.6 engine.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #32
I'll post pictures of our dissection of the OEM turbo when we get it in. I'm looking forward to it.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #34

Looks like we can make something work here. The wheels on this turbo are tiny. That's easy enough to address. And the turbine housing is actually not so bad. It's a bit bigger than the one on our F21TC for the VW 1.4 engine. The bearing housing and internal wheels are not good enough. So I'll have to look into sizing up those parts while keeping the fittings for oil/coolant lines compatible with OEM. There's a little bit of complexity here, but nothing we couldn't handle.

This looks like a fun project.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What kind of bearing architecture would you be using?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
These. The same ones we use on all our other BorgWarner-derived turbos.

Perdy. You guys seem like enthusiasts! Witch besides making money you enjoy the results your product brings to your consumers.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #40
I know this might sound unconventional of me to say, but I do not identify myself as an "enthusiast". When I see a vendor describe themselves in that way I take it as code for "hobbyist". In other words, not a professional. They're in the business for kicks. For fun. And I think if you take a look around at the other vendors of upgrade turbochargers, you will catch that smell of indiscipline. Not with me. This is my job and I'm not bashful to say I'm in it for the money. And now in our tenth year selling turbochargers, our approach of offering the best value and quality has proved successful.

thx