Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dealer can't order and install Recaro's?????

Am I to understand this right, or is the dealership not being upfront with me??

I bought a 2017 Fist last October. It has everything I want except Recaro's.

I called the dealership today, and ask for a price on buying and installation of a set.

Dealer told me they can't order and install a set for me.

Ford won't let them do it.

Is this true, does anybody know??

I would like to at least upgrade the front seats to a better racing style type seat.

If I can't find a decent set of Recaro's, any suggestions out there?

A swap, that I could do myself without any major complications. Especially, electric complications, airbag, heater, power hook up etc.

Thanks, I will appreciate any input!!
Jim

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I looked into this at Galpin because they have their Galpin motorsports shop and they customized new cars sometimes before selling them. Galpinized is their term. Lol
The only seats they could order were the Mustang Recaro’s and between cost and installation it was not worth it.
Dealers that do not have that kind of thing are even going to go there trying especially after the fact as in 6 months down the road.
You are stuck loking for an aftermarket option or finding used FiST Recaros. Or Focus ST Recaros to put on your stock seat base. Its been done and there are threads on the forum here for that and aftermarket seat installs.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Dpro for your reply.

I was really quite surprised when the dealer said they couldn't do it. I am new to this forum, and have found a couple threads relating to the seat swap.

I'll continue to research, and watch Ebay and online listings from salvage yards. I like the Recaro's because of the rich look they add to the interior and they hug the driver much better.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks Dpro for your reply.

I was really quite surprised when the dealer said they couldn't do it. I am new to this forum, and have found a couple threads relating to the seat swap.

I'll continue to research, and watch Ebay and online listings from salvage yards. I like the Recaro's because of the rich look they add to the interior and they hug the driver much better.

Which is why I wound up ordering my 2018 exactly how I wanted it.

More than likely it's because of what all is involved with them, more than just the seats such as the seat heaters, where your ST would be missing the harness(es) buttons, and so on, let alone that it would be over 2k just in the seat parts for the front's last time I looked up the cost. Best bet is like you said, keep an eye on eBay and even on here for someone selling FiST or FoST recaros, that what I did. Good luck with your search [cool]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just keep an eye out on the Forum...There was another guy selling the Orange Recaros a couple weeks back. My other vehicle I waited literally 2 yrs for someone to cough up my turbo I wanted as they are hard to come by.[raceflag]

Going to echo the recommendations here about watching for recaros being sold privately. Even if the dealer could order them, I can't imagine how much they would cost. Back with my FoST, a very careless passenger dropped the cherry of her cigarette and burned a hole in the seat. I phoned the dealership the next day to inquire about replacing just the one section of seat cover. It was $450!!!! For a couple pieces of stiched fabric! Based on that, I bet a full set of seats would be in the ballpark of $4000 from a dealer.

Alternatively you could also search for the titanium leather seats. Those are quite nice as well and there's probably a lot more of them out there.

I have mine on ebay right now. Like new condition front and rears. Item # 192508524295

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
RobbyD,

I have your seats on my watch list. Am hoping to find a Gray on black combination. Hard to tell from your pictures, they are red right? Red would not be my preferred choice, but possible. I'm assuming my car is probably not wired for heated seats or even power seats for that matter. Not sure what all would be involved, to get your seats fully or semi functional in my car. If you have no luck selling on ebay, perhaps we could possibly work something out. My plans were to only do the front seats, non-heated and manual, if they even come with manual adjustments? I'll keep an eye on your ebay listing. If I were to buy them, not even sure how I'd get them here. Probably fairly costly to ship. Why are you selling them?? Want to replace with grey cloth?? :) Swap and some cash possible?? Worth asking. :)

codestp202

If you are going for performance, just get some good FIA fixed back seats. Will be cheaper, lighter, and hug you better

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
JDG, Thought about the ford racing seats as an option and saw your listing on EBay. However would prefer an easy plug and play as possible. I've read the focus seats require different mounting brackets, and quite a bit of work to configure and install. I'm in no big hurry to find recaro's, so I'll continue to search and weigh different options. Thanks!

JDG, Thought about the ford racing seats as an option and saw your listing on EBay. However would prefer an easy plug and play as possible. I've read the focus seats require different mounting brackets, and quite a bit of work to configure and install. I'm in no big hurry to find recaro's, so I'll continue to search and weigh different options. Thanks!
They don't need different brackets, you just swap the fiesta seat base and airbag.

RobbyD,

I have your seats on my watch list. Am hoping to find a Gray on black combination. Hard to tell from your pictures, they are red right? Red would not be my preferred choice, but possible. I'm assuming my car is probably not wired for heated seats or even power seats for that matter. Not sure what all would be involved, to get your seats fully or semi functional in my car. If you have no luck selling on ebay, perhaps we could possibly work something out. My plans were to only do the front seats, non-heated and manual, if they even come with manual adjustments? I'll keep an eye on your ebay listing. If I were to buy them, not even sure how I'd get them here. Probably fairly costly to ship. Why are you selling them?? Want to replace with grey cloth?? :) Swap and some cash possible?? Worth asking. :)
They all are heated/non-power from the factory. They are orange not red. My plans are to gut it and just have one or two light weight racing seats. If they don't sell pm me

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even if the dealer could order them, I can't imagine how much they would cost.
^^^This!!

I can put some phenomenal aftermarket seats into this car for the insane co$t$ the stealerships would charge IF they could order them in for you (or even for the $2K they charge already in the car).

This is what I plan to do eventually, since I could care less about retaining the side exploding whoopee cushions. ;)

a very careless passenger dropped the cherry of her cigarette and burned a hole in the seat. I phoned the dealership the next day to inquire about replacing just the one section of seat cover. It was $450!!!!
I would have banned her from riding in my car. Let her drive in her car.