Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group Buy: Euro Headlight DRL Wiring Harness Kit

Trader history for VirtualRonin (1)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you open up another group buy I would be very interested.
I have the FORD type euro headlights.

Dave

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #63
If you open up another group buy I would be very interested.
I have the FORD type euro headlights.

Dave
Hi Dave, I've got a lot going on in the next few weeks so I'll probably open another group buy towards the end of May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Hi Dave, I've got a lot going on in the next few weeks so I'll probably open another group buy towards the end of May.

Thanks,
You can put me on the top of that list.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I dont have my lights yet so you are more than welcome to take mine. I can go on the next list

Thanks, but that of course is up to [MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] as well.

Dave

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #67
Thanks, but that of course is up to [MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] as well.

Dave
I'm good with that as long as you are both in agreement. I already have your info Dave so I'll send you a PayPal money request this morning. I'm at an autocross event today and tomorrow so there may be some delay in my responses.

Recieved my kit today and got so excited I installed it as well [emoji16] really well put together kit, it brought everything I needed (I was not expecting the fuse tap or zip ties). Fairly straightforward install, and works great. Thank you, VirtualRonin! [emoji108]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #69
Recieved my kit today and got so excited I installed it as well [emoji16] really well put together kit, it brought everything I needed (I was not expecting the fuse tap or zip ties). Fairly straightforward install, and works great. Thank you, VirtualRonin! [emoji108]

Glad to hear it and thank you for the feedback! Let me know if there is anything I can improve upon on regarding the the installation guide or otherwise. You should post some pics of your Ford OEM Euros with the DRL modes if you get a chance.

V_2

Mine came in today, as well. I'm looking forward to installing sometime this week so I'm no longer DRL blinding folks at night, lol.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Intial impressions is that the harness is meticulously well put together, there's pride in the quality workmanship. The only thing I'd recommend if it ever goes beyond this forum and thread is a card with links to instructions and videos. I'd be lost on what to do without bookmarking this thread [biggrin]

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #72
Intial impressions is that the harness is meticulously well put together, there's pride in the quality workmanship. The only thing I'd recommend if it ever goes beyond this forum and thread is a card with links to instructions and videos. I'd be lost on what to do without bookmarking this thread [biggrin]

Thanks, that's a good idea. I should probably publish a packing list to itemize everything that's included in the kit as well. A little late since all but 1 kit has shipped already but it'll help going forward.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thanks, that's a good idea. I should probably publish a packing list to itemize everything that's included in the kit as well. A little late since all but 1 kit has shipped already but it'll help going forward.

I think a small label that could be put around the clear relay cover on the inside. Think about the scenario of a few years down the line with the owner has sold their car or someone comes across your harness on a new to them second hand car and have no idea what the harness is or does. Some sort of reference to go to with info on how to install and possibly un-install would be nice.

V_2

Got mine installed and the kit works great! I had some issues come up that are likely unique to my setup but VirtualRonin talked me through changing the pin layout.

Apparently the DEPO RHD lights are pinned out the same as OEM lights, in case anyone else orders this harness in the future who has also retrofitted RHD lights.

V_2

I also should mention that my fuse box is different from what others have posted. I am assuming that Ford changed it up sometime during the 2016 production year.

You will need a micro2 fuse tap if yours looks like this.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #76
I think a small label that could be put around the clear relay cover on the inside. Think about the scenario of a few years down the line with the owner has sold their car or someone comes across your harness on a new to them second hand car and have no idea what the harness is or does. Some sort of reference to go to with info on how to install and possibly un-install would be nice.
Good thinking, some kind of informational label is not a bad idea.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #79
I have only been able to get night time shots but here they are! Kit works very well at night or daylight. No issues so far in these past 2 days.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ycLSW7m

Nice, thank you for sharing pics!

Interesting side effect, the LEDs stay on for 3 minutes after I turn off and lock the car. I only notice it some times, other times they turn off as soon as you lock the car. Don't know if it's just my vehicle?