Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group Buy: Euro Headlight DRL Wiring Harness Kit

Trader history for VirtualRonin (1)

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #81
Interesting side effect, the LEDs stay on for 3 minutes after I turn off and lock the car. I only notice it some times, other times they turn off as soon as you lock the car. Don't know if it's just my vehicle?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
My 2014 is the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #82
**Update for Ford OEM Euro headlight kits**

An extra step has been added to the installation guide for the Ford OEM Euro headlights. You will need to move the wire in pin 6 to pin 9 on the passenger headlight connector otherwise the DRL may not operate in low output mode. The Installation Guide has been updated.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Interesting side effect, the LEDs stay on for 3 minutes after I turn off and lock the car. I only notice it some times, other times they turn off as soon as you lock the car. Don't know if it's just my vehicle?

This is normal.

It is just the way that the car's shut down circuit of the PCM works.
You will get the same effect using F18, F20, F22, or F24
There is a work around however.
If your LEDs don't shut off right away and you want them off, just press the power/start button on then off again.
The LEDs will go off quickly,

Dave

This is normal.

It is just the way that the car's shut down circuit of the PCM works.
You will get the same effect using F18, F20, F22, or F24
There is a work around however.
If your LEDs don't shut off right away and you want them off, just press the power/start button on then off again.
The LEDs will go off quickly,

Dave
I don't personally mind it, I just happened to notice tonight. Thanks for the tip though, I'm sure it will come in handy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Got mine in yesterday, everything definitely looks super high quality. I need to move my pins back to the original positions and then I can install. Will check out the updated install guide beforehand since I have the OEMs.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #87
Got mine in yesterday, everything definitely looks super high quality. I need to move my pins back to the original positions and then I can install. Will check out the updated install guide beforehand since I have the OEMs.
Sounds good, contact me if you have any issues.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #89
I also should mention that my fuse box is different from what others have posted. I am assuming that Ford changed it up sometime during the 2016 production year.

You will need a micro2 fuse tap if yours looks like this.
What location did you use for your Add-A-Circuit? There's another member with a 2016 model and has the same issue with having the Micro2 fuses instead of the mini fuse like I have on my 2014.

V_2

What location did you use for your Add-A-Circuit? There's another member with a 2016 model and has the same issue with having the Micro2 fuses instead of the mini fuse like I have on my 2014.

I am tapped into fuse 23, circled below

3235e50493bf33da504b6b865213a451.jpg

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #94
**Update for DRL Harness Kits** - It has come to my attention that Ford changed over from the Mini fuse to the Micro2 fuse in the engine bay fuse box for the 2016 model year. All kits were shipped with Mini Add-A-Circuit fuse taps so if you have a 2016 or newer you will need to purchase a Micro2 Add-A-Circuit fuse tap and a Micro2 5A fuse for the install. This information has come from members who have run into this issue during the harness install. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Just thought I'd share these photos of my car after the successful install, after getting a Micro Add-a-circut and putting it in Fuse 23

With headlights on, with low output on the LED

With high output, no headlights. as if DRL

With low output, for parking lights?

Thanks again for the kit!

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #96
Just thought I'd share these photos of my car after the successful install, after getting a Micro Add-a-circut and putting it in Fuse 23

With headlights on, with low output on the LED

With high output, no headlights. as if DRL

With low output, for parking lights?

Thanks again for the kit!
Glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for sharing the pics [emoji1303]

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #98
Ok....more kits now :).
Very soon [emoji1303]

I've been busy with the VT330R install and we are still tuning but after that's all squared away then I'll open another group buy.

I also need to update the install guide. I did an install on [MENTION=1664]Butterybunz[/MENTION]' ride which is a 2017 and there were some changes that need to be addressed for the next run. I need to figure out when Ford changed over to Micro2 fuses in the engine bay fuse box (2016 and up I think?) plus his headlight connectors did not have plugs; instead of plugs the unused pins were blocked off which required removing the back of the connector to remove the plastic block offs for the terminals to be inserted.

Very soon [emoji1303]

I've been busy with the VT330R install and we are still tuning but after that's all squared away then I'll open another group buy.

I also need to update the install guide. I did an install on [MENTION=1664]Butterybunz[/MENTION]' ride which is a 2017 and there were some changes that need to be addressed for the next run. I need to figure out when Ford changed over to Micro2 fuses in the engine bay fuse box (2016 and up I think?) plus his headlight connectors did not have plugs; instead of plugs the unused pins were blocked off which required removing the back of the connector to remove the plastic block offs for the terminals to be inserted.

I can check my 16 to see if its micro. Doubt I can help on the 17 piece though.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #100
I can check my 16 to see if its micro. Doubt I can help on the 17 piece though.
Thanks! Any info will help. Also, can you check your headlight connectors to see if they have plugs or not?

The plugs look like this (white plastic plugs)

fiesta-st-light-switch.jpg

And without

IMG_3525.JPG