Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BIG Brake Kits Using OEM Calipers

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #41
Last edited:
Damn, just got 280mm SVT brakes. Hopefully this won’t be the same price or I’ll regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Got a chance to see and hold the 302mm rotor adapter brackets today in the palm of my hands and see how it looks on Dave’s car with the rotors. The brackets are nice quality machined aluminum pieces made to adapt the rear rotors from the Focus RS.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Damn, just got 280mm SVT brakes. Hopefully this won’t be the same price or I’ll regret it.

I don’t think you’ll be unhappy with the SVT setup at all.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Got a chance to see and hold the 302mm rotor adapter brackets today in the palm of my hands and see how it looks on Dave’s car with the rotors. The brackets are nice quality machined aluminum pieces made to adapt the rear rotors from the Focus RS.

2016+ FoRS rotors? I’ll be checking the Goldcoast site frequently for pricing. My SVT setup works better than stock with my Stoptech BBK but these might compliment them even more. Hopefully the brackets are reasonably priced. The SVT brackets have gone crazy.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I should have taken some pictures, not sure why Dave doesn’t. But I think I read somewhere he doesn’t use his cellphone much or post pics. Looks wise, the 302 fills the space well and looks like business. Dave could probably comment on the performance, since a set is on his car for R&D. He was raving about them.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #47
Does this help?

This is the Rear 302 mm BBK with standard rotors.

Rear-BBK.jpg

Mine are optional Drilled and Slotted rotors.

I know they will sell the kit without the rotors.
However, the rotors must be drilled as they come 5x108 for the FoRS and need to be 4x108 for the FiST.
Drilling can be done by any machine shop.
Gold Coast Automotive will drill them for free, if the rotors are purchased as part of the kit.

Please contact Mark at Gold Coast Automotive for current price, rotor options and/or further details.

Dave

SST

Just want to get this straight, so the rear, we have two options:

either SVT carrier with SVT rotors @ 280mm/11"
or
the new adapter to use Focus RS rear rotors with our stock calipers? @ 302mm / 11.9"

and for the Front, we have the 323mm / 12.7" option using our stock caliper

am i correct?

Also, if i can source rotors locally in Canada and have them redrill, which Ford model does the 323mm came from? can't seem to find any info, would like to avoid shipping when i need replacement.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #49
Just want to get this straight, so the rear, we have two options:

either SVT carrier with SVT rotors @ 280mm/11"
or
the new adapter to use Focus RS rear rotors with our stock calipers? @ 302mm / 11.9"

and for the Front, we have the 323mm / 12.7" option using our stock caliper

am i correct?

Also, if i can source rotors locally in Canada and have them redrill, which Ford model does the 323mm came from? can't seem to find any info, would like to avoid shipping when i need replacement.

You are correct however, the Focus SVT rear bracket is while they last.
Then you will need to source those on your own, they are available but getting harder to find.

As for the front rotors, as posted earlier in this thread, they are from a Mazda RX8.

Dave

SST

Thanks so much D1JL, if the SVT carriers are rare, might as well give myself an excuse to run the Focus RS rotors

you aware they will sell the front and rear adapter alone? without rotors to save weight/shipping

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #51
Thanks so much D1JL, if the SVT carriers are rare, might as well give myself an excuse to run the Focus RS rotors

you aware they will sell the front and rear adapter alone? without rotors to save weight/shipping

Yes they will.
Just make sure you talk to Mark before you order.

They now have the REAR BBK on the website.

http://goldcoastautomotive.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=gold-coast-automotive&item=81555

Dave

SST

yep, thanks D1JL for answering all questions.

Does this clear 15" wheels? my current winter set up is 15" with steelies, dont want to buy another set for now

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #54
yep, thanks D1JL for answering all questions.

Does this clear 15" wheels? my current winter set up is 15" with steelies, dont want to buy another set for now

That I cannot answer.
I have only tested the OEM and the Focus Rally wheels, both are 17".
It looks like it should clear 16" wheels but even that I am not 100% sure.
I don't have a 15" or 16" wheel to try.
I am willing however, to test, if anyone local to me has a set of either and wants to try.

Dave

That I cannot answer.
I have only tested the OEM and the Focus Rally wheels, both are 17".
It looks like it should clear 16" wheels but even that I am not 100% sure.
I don't have a 15" or 16" wheel to try.
I am willing however, to test, if anyone local to me has a set of either and wants to try.

Dave
Dave - I am local (North Hollywood) and have a pair set of 15x8 Team Dynamics that I would be interested in seeing if they fit over the brakes. Maybe next meet/gathering (I missed last week's)?

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #56
Dave - I am local (North Hollywood) and have a pair set of 15x8 Team Dynamics that I would be interested in seeing if they fit over the brakes. Maybe next meet/gathering (I missed last week's)?
PM sent to try and setup time and date for test.

Dave

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #57
The one good thing about the BBKs from Gold Coast Automotive (GCA), is that other than the purchase of the basic hardware.
You will never need to purchase custom parts again.

Yes the rotors need to be drilled to fit the FiST but because the rotors are from regular production cars you can get them anywhere.

Custom rotors are not required, for example as with a two piece rotor, the hat does not need to be replaced.
However, the required rotor usually only comes from one manufacture and in many cases costs more than standard one piece rotors.

I have drilled the rotors myself and that can be done with a small drill press.
You can of course order replacement rotors from GCA and they will come drilled.
You could even order two sets of rotors and still not spend as much as most BBKs.

Remember these kits were not designed to out preform the high end BBKs and less weight rotors would be best.
However, you can get most of the performance features at a much reduced price.

Dave

Last edited:
OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #58
I now have the best answer I can post at this time.

I was only able to use OEM FiST 17" wheel for comparison.

The Gold Coast Automotive front BBK will NOT fit a 15" wheel.

As for a 16" wheel, using the dimensions of the OEM 17" wheel there is JUST 1/2" clearance and that would not be enough.
Since most wheels have a bell couture,using a 15mm wheel spacer may create enough clearance but there is no way for me to be 100% sure without testing each selected wheel.

Sorry that's all I can do.

Dave

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #59
I just wanted to let locals know.
I not only have the GCA BBKs on my car but also I have a set for up close inspection or pick up if anyone wants.
I will also bring a set with me to the local meet and greet on 10/28/18.

Dave

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I now have the best answer I can post at this time.

I was only able to use OEM FiST 17" wheel for comparison.

The Gold Coast Automotive front BBK will NOT fit a 15" wheel.

As for a 16" wheel, using the dimensions of the OEM 17" wheel there is JUST 1/2" clearance and that would not be enough.
Since most wheels have a bell couture,using a 15mm wheel spacer may create enough clearance but there is no way for me to be 100% sure without testing each selected wheel.

Sorry that's all I can do.

Dave
[mecry] bummer.