Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Slow Burn: MichiganST's Long Term Build Project

Hey All!

Decided I should finally start my own build thread as I'm starting to more seriously get into modding the car (powertrain warranty is about to run out).
Like the title suggests this is going to be a slow build. As much as I'd love to drop a few grand and get all the mods I want I usually have to go a few months between buying parts and it can take a couple months before I even install the part (I got my RMM for Christmas and I only installed it this past weekend).

Current Mods

Performance
- AWR RMM (70A)
- Whoosh Silicon Induction Hose (dark orange)
- Whoosh Symposer Delete
- FSWerks Short Shift Bracket

Aesthetic
- Rokblokz Mudflaps
- Delrin Piston Syle Shiftknob/Reverse Lockout collar

Wheels/Tires
-16x7 Black Drag DR-62
- Some cheap tire I regret buying. lol

Future Mods

- FMIC. Probably Whoosh brand in black with an orange logo
- Velossa tech big mouth. I already have it but am thinking I'll wait till I get the FMIC so I'm taking the bumper off once.
- AP with tune.
- Whoosh silicone hoses. Gotta convince Ron to make a set in dark orange. The soul of my firstborn child may be sufficient payment.
- Intake: probably the ST200 intake. I like the stock look.
- Exhaust: not sure which. I like the single outlet style but there aren't a ton of quality options.

Overall I'd like to get something of a rally look. I'll probably try to steal a lot of what Shouldbeasy has done with his build.

Somewhat recent pick of the car

IMG_20170520_141923.jpg

I just put a set of Indy 500's on mine (OEM wheels and size), and holy crap what a difference (also had a cheap no-brand Summer tire that was junk). They punch way above their price point. If you don't like the tires you've got, I'd strongly suggest going for those. Probably the best bang for your buck performance upgrade you can do when getting started, and they'll serve great as a daily tire in the dry and in the wet.

I also just put a Cobb cat-back exhaust on mine. It is one of the most expensive options available, but it's an extremely high quality system. Loud at wide open throttle, quiet when idling/cruising. It's not raspy at all, it just has a nice deep bass note. Also great for something that's meant to be a daily driver.

I haven't done much else (symposer delete), as I've still got full warranty and I don't want to mess with California CARB issues just yet. I'll get there some day, but it may be a while.

OP
MichiganST
Thread Starter #3
I just put a set of Indy 500's on mine (OEM wheels and size), and holy crap what a difference (also had a cheap no-brand Summer tire that was junk). They punch way above their price point. If you don't like the tires you've got, I'd strongly suggest going for those. Probably the best bang for your buck performance upgrade you can do when getting started, and they'll serve great as a daily tire in the dry and in the wet.

I also just put a Cobb cat-back exhaust on mine. It is one of the most expensive options available, but it's an extremely high quality system. Loud at wide open throttle, quiet when idling/cruising. It's not raspy at all, it just has a nice deep bass note. Also great for something that's meant to be a daily driver.

I haven't done much else (symposer delete), as I've still got full warranty and I don't want to mess with California CARB issues just yet. I'll get there some day, but it may be a while.
I looked at the 500s, definitely tempting. I was going to pick up a set as I could use some new tires anyway, but other things are taking priority currently. That's one thing I'm happy I don't need to worry about in Michigan, the CARB and emissions testing. I doubt I'll ever go catless or anything crazy like that, but it's nice not needing to think about it.

I looked at the 500s, definitely tempting. I was going to pick up a set as I could use some new tires anyway, but other things are taking priority currently. That's one thing I'm happy I don't need to worry about in Michigan, the CARB and emissions testing. I doubt I'll ever go catless or anything crazy like that, but it's nice not needing to think about it.
The driving out here is incredible, but yeah... CARB is a serious buzzkill. Part of why I bought the Fiesta ST is because of just how good it is completely stock. Good tires and a bit more sound and it's incredible.

Might do the Cobb AP and their basic tune at some point, since that's a very easily reversible way to get a small power increase. Yet another reason CARB is ridiculous and almost completely unenforceable. So much tuning these days can be done through completely reversible ECU flashing.

At any rate, I'll stop cluttering up your build thread. Get some tires before you add any power, that's my only suggestion. :)