Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Summer coolant temps western states

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ive had an SSEI that I owned and a guy that knew was able to program the fan to come on at certain temps and different speeds for the fan to rotate at when operating. it would make the Coolant temp drop drastically.[rockon]...maybe a programmer or tuner can program this in to alleviate the problem?

Hi redmoe! How is the efficacy of the after market radiator? Did you keep the shroud on with the new radiator? Im curious what your temps look like in the long run. Thanks,

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
He has not been on here in over two years, not even sure he still has the car.

But most who do the Mountune radiator upgrade usually have NO problems whatsoever after that, regardless of the severity of their climate/conditions, and tune/mods. [wink] [thumb]

(Unless there is some other serious underlying problem raising the coolant temps.)

Awesome thanks! I'm debating if I want to install myself or take it to a shop. With 2 kids I don't have much time for involved wrenching anymore. Good to know that larger radiators help. My upgrade path would be to bang out the radiator and larger intercooler in one shot to fix the weakest points.

Is there a particular forum here where I should ask for shop referrals?

Thanks so much!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
You could try here: South West. The radiator install is not too difficult from below the car. The Mountune radiator reuses the OEM shroud. The intercooler is a bit more involved requiring bumper cover removal and other stuff, definitely do both at the same time if you plan on doing the intercooler soon.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You could try here: South West. The radiator install is not too difficult from below the car. The Mountune radiator reuses the OEM shroud. The intercooler is a bit more involved requiring bumper cover removal and other stuff, definitely do both at the same time if you plan on doing the intercooler soon.
The removal of the intercooler and install of a new one is cake walk. I can have my bumper off in 15 minutes. I did a DIY install thread of my Bravoalpha intercooler * check it out. It was super easy!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk