Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ravenol 75w80

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Still rolling Ravenol 75W80.....62K on the Odometer. Shifting still nice and crisp..... Will most likely change it out again in the spring here in 2020.
Thanks for the update 👍

I'm quite pleased on it myself. Smoother shifts over the stock stuff.

It's because your thread that I made the change. 🍺🍻

Sorry to bump an old thread if there's a newer one around but this is what popped up when I searched.

Have to agree with the guy just above...this is a worthwhile mod and easily worth the $46 dollars it cost. Whole thing took about 20 minutes using ramps and a funnel with a hose I got off Amazon. I drained out 1.7L of the factory stuff out of my 2019 w/4000 miles and put in 2L of the Ravenol MTF-2. Smoother, quieter shifts and it goes into reverse way easier than before. Highly recommend.

Negi

I am having issues with 1/2 and 3rd when its below 20,was gonna drop it off at the dealership as I only have 4k miles on mine.But instead of wasting my time I might as well buy the Ravenol and hopefully it fixes the issue I am having.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #66
Its going to be stiff when its cold out until the fluid starts moving....no matter what kind you run. Does you trans whine or grind? Any noise at all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Negi

No noise so far,but literally have to push hard in 1st and then pull hard to get in 2nd.And 3rd feels like it hits something before going in.Rest of the gears feels fine.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #68
And it does this even after the car has been driven for more than 20 minutes and the car has fully heated up?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #70
What is your mileage? Are you still under powertrain? If so make an Appt. and get it documented for future issues if they don't "Find" anything and it does fail later on in life.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #71
Do you have a Short throw shift adapter? If so which one?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #74
No it shouldn't ....But I have encountered certain Shift adapters that cause a notchy feeling!

HBEcoBeaST

No short shifter but do have Rmm but that shouldn't effect anything
Sounds like the linkage is off/loose somewhere and it's not lining up properly with your shifter. I'd take it in for shifter cable adjustment before spending money on different fluid.

I ran motul 300 for a while before ravenol. It's a thicker fluid, especially when cold, but it never made my gears hard to get into. Just a little harder to physically move the shifter when cold. OEM fluid wouldn't cause your issue either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No noise so far,but literally have to push hard in 1st and then pull hard to get in 2nd.And 3rd feels like it hits something before going in.Rest of the gears feels fine.
As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't have to force the car into gear. That's a clear indication that something is not right.
Considering you have a new car, a visit to the dealer is very much needed. Good luck!

Sounds like the linkage is off/loose somewhere and it's not lining up properly with your shifter. I'd take it in for shifter cable adjustment before spending money on different fluid.

I ran motul 300 for a while before ravenol. It's a thicker fluid, especially when cold, but it never made my gears hard to get into. Just a little harder to physically move the shifter when cold. OEM fluid wouldn't cause your issue either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Considering you've used Motul and Ravenol, do you have a preference of one over the other?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't have to force the car into gear. That's a clear indication that something is not right.
Considering you have a new car, a visit to the dealer is very much needed. Good luck!
You should never have to force the car into gear with a new, healthy transmission. It should last the life of the car. The B6 has been used in much bigger, more powerful cars than the FiST.
It's not a weak point.
It has a case that's unique to the FiST, and it holds less fluid because it's narrower, but it's up to the job.
I'm guessing it needs a cable adjustment.

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
You should never have to force the car into gear with a new, healthy transmission. It should last the life of the car. The B6 has been used in much bigger, more powerful cars than the FiST.
It's not a weak point.
It has a case that's unique to the FiST, and it holds less fluid because it's narrower, but it's up to the job.
I'm guessing it needs a cable adjustment.
Speaking of the B6 being in bigger cars. I saw at work a newer gen Fusion with a manual B6 and 1.6l Eco in it.

I did drop it off to the dealership overnight and got a call the next day,and they said its Normal as the syncros are breaking in.lol When I picked up the car,it was only driven for 2 miles.Freaking Hate these people who think everybody is stupid.Anyways I adjusted the cables and it shifts much better now.