Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ravenol 75w80

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #83
Awaiting my Order of 75W80 Ravenol for my 2nd D&F ! Yay new fluid again! Like a brand new virgin!

Well I'll do a mini write up here we go....

Tools needed topside and bottom side...

Fluid can be drained on the ground....just crank the wheel all the way left...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Thought I was gonna use my new Toy....But noooo!

Here comes the kicker....this a by far the most creative bottle design I've seen in a while...I give kudos to Ravenol for this....holy crap was it genius! Mind will blown!

Mind is completely blown at this point! This is why you need to buy Ravenol! Then put my finger over the tip...took out fill plug....found hole...inserted tube from bottle and squeezed....all from up top! First impression test drive ...Engagement is smoother going into gears.....softer shifts..long term report will follow in awhile!

Oh and How abouts these apples dawg...here's how much came out! You know who you are !

What size Allen head is that for the plugs if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Thanks guys for the great info. Will be doing trans and engine oil change this weekend! My Ravenol came yesterday! Woohoo. Super excited to getting the Fist dialed in!
Good choices on on both [emoji1360]

Make sure to open the fill hole before the drain hole. Don't want it empty with no way to fill it!
Also, only 2 bottles needed.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Thx for the advice! Yeah would suck to have a siezed fill plug! Cool, so final consensus is 2L good to go, so no need for 2.2L. 😆. I know there was a lot back and forth. Will be interesting to see what amount comes out of the box!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thx for the advice! Yeah would suck to have a siezed fill plug! Cool, so final consensus is 2L good to go, so no need for 2.2L. 😆. I know there was a lot back and forth. Will be interesting to see what amount comes out of the box!
I recommend loosening the fill plug but not removing it until it's nearly drained. If you remove it initially, the fluid will spray over the suspension -- learned that the hard way ;)

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I needs to do this to both cars. How does it handle miswest cold?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #94
I needs to do this to both cars. How does it handle miswest cold?
I'm in Mn....ive rolled this stuff for the past 50k my bad not 40k God the miles fly by ... its perfectly fine in -20 weather. I will be changing it again tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #96
Just changed mine out again! 50k on this fluid...Still looked to be in good color shape. I cant recommend this fluid anymore than I already have Vs. the OEM Hot trash they put in it from El factory. God it took me forever to get around to this...sheesh!

Last edited:
I know a search is easy and that's how I found these but for lazy people, since this thread is so helpful, nice pics of the drain and fill plug locations, 8mm hex on both, torque spec is 40 nm

Attachments