Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ravenol 75w80

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Gear 300 has a very similar filling tube built into their bottles as well.

Those Euros think of EVERYTHING! LOL [thumb]

Is your car still at factory ride height, and were both wheels FULLY on the ground in that drain pan pic?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
The Gear 300 has a very similar filling tube built into their bottles as well.

Those Euros think of EVERYTHING! LOL [thumb]

Is your car still at factory ride height, and were both wheels FULLY on the ground in that drain pan pic?
Yes...stock ride height...never lifted the vehicle...just cranked the wheel left all the way to lock...removed the Airbox...easy as pie...all said and done maybe 30-45 mins... drained and filled.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why the No?Is it easier to gravity squeeze from up top or force fluid up and into the hole from the bottom? Not quite yet Pat sajak..... This is simple fluid dynamics here... do it from the top.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30
ST200 airbox. Absolutely hateful to remove.
Oh...you don't like removing it...I think it's easy as pie.....a couple bolts on the intake hose...pry a part da snorkel and pull out!

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The ST 200 and mountune intakes have a hose underneath that you have to route back behind the fog light again if you take it out. It's more work, since you have to remove the headlight to get to it.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #32
The ST 200 and mountune intakes have a hose underneath that you have to route back behind the fog light again if you take it out. It's more work, since you have to remove the headlight to get to it.
It's not that hard...just tuck that bitch back in there and call it a day...it does not have to be perfect!

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It's not that hard...just tuck that bitch back in there and call it a day...it does have to be perfect!

I would much rather work under the car then pull the airbox, and headlight out. When I installed my st200 airbox, I actually broke the factory snorkel off the old air box. I will definitely not be removing the airbox to put fluid in, I have a pump I'll just pump it in. To each his own.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bumping for visibility... First, you can fill it from the top with a funnel with a long flexible hose, the built in one is worthless at this point, but that would be the easiest fill and maybe worth a cheapie hose funnel thing...

Update on doing this at 12k with the 2L and now at 18.5k: 99% of gearbox issues are resolved, first just likes a bit of a warm up or will shift a little hard the very first time when cold, but that's it. All gear whine, missed gears and general "crunchiness" are all gone. This could be because of 2 full liters vs. 1.67, because the trans needs to fully break in, the fluid itself, or some combo of the three. But regardless, definitely recommend this after seeing the grey watery crap that drained out. When I saw that I thought "Damn, I wish I did this even sooner..."

brbauer2

But regardless, definitely recommend this after seeing the grey watery crap that drained out. When I saw that I thought "Damn, I wish I did this even sooner..."
I took the factory fill out at 30k miles. I couldn't find any MTF-2 without ridiculous shipping at the time so I went with the MTF-3 75W. I plan on switching it out sometime this spring before Auto-x season starts up. I'll be right around 45k miles at that time.

I kept the factory fluid so I can compare how they look/feel after use.

Haven't decided what fluid I'm going to go with for the new fill.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #36
I took the factory fill out at 30k miles. I couldn't find any MTF-2 without ridiculous shipping at the time so I went with the MTF-3 75W. I plan on switching it out sometime this spring before Auto-x season starts up. I'll be right around 45k miles at that time.

Here's your sign if you've got Amazon prime! I'm a poet and I didnt even know it....

Ravenol J1C1002 SAE 75W-80 Manual Transmission Fluid - MTF-2 Full Synthetic API GL-4 (1 Liter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FGXB15O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8PCECb4W8SRJX

danbfree

3000 Post Club

MTF-3 meets spec too, I just think MTF-2 is possibly better for hot weather auto-x but at least you had decent approved stuff in for sure....

danbfree

3000 Post Club

brbauer2

Here's your sign if you've got Amazon prime! I'm a poet and I didnt even know it....

Ravenol J1C1002 SAE 75W-80 Manual Transmission Fluid - MTF-2 Full Synthetic API GL-4 (1 Liter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FGXB15O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8PCECb4W8SRJX

It's available now. It was not at the end of summer unless I wanted to pay $35/L and then $35 shipping from the one place I could find it.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club