Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Protective Layer Coming Off - Take It to Ford or DIY?

I have a Green Envy '14 FiST and I noticed that the protective layer (seems to be made of durable plastic) on the paint, specifically on the side skirt, is coming off. It's also making the car look ugly - like a plastic hanging off the side. Is this something I can easily fix or should I just take it to Ford for servicing? Would it cost a lot?

Would love the post pics but I'm currently away from my car for another few weeks or so. =(

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

cxwrench

The clear protective stickers? I'm sure they're available through Ford and most likely not too hard to install. I'd bet a little bit of heat might help to get them on just right. I do know that they have been out of stock in the past, when my car was in the shop after getting hit they couldn't get the one around the wheel arch, it was OOS for a couple of months.

They're called stone guards. I only know this because the body shop removed them prior to re-painting after my fender bender.

OP
V
Thread Starter #4
The clear protective stickers? I'm sure they're available through Ford and most likely not too hard to install. I'd bet a little bit of heat might help to get them on just right. I do know that they have been out of stock in the past, when my car was in the shop after getting hit they couldn't get the one around the wheel arch, it was OOS for a couple of months.
I do hope they have it on stock. At least I only need it for the side skirt, so I'm hoping it wouldn't cost too much.

OP
V
Thread Starter #5
They're called stone guards. I only know this because the body shop removed them prior to re-painting after my fender bender.
Thanks for clarification! Mine has a tear on the side skirt so it's affecting my car both aesthetically and protection wise.

Thanks for clarification! Mine has a tear on the side skirt so it's affecting my car both aesthetically and protection wise.
You're very welcome. Personally, I never noticed them until they were listed on the paperwork from the body shop. Now you know exactly what to look for to obtain replacements.