Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dust cover for led

Hello guys. Just got my new led 6000k but I can't fit in the original dust cap. Do you have any ideas? Was bad placement of the LED or I just need new caps?
Thanks [emoji12]

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm afraid to say....those will not accommodate the factory headlamp cap. Ask me how I know! The LED bulbs that will definitely fit under the caps are made by XenonDepot and they are adjustable to aim them after they are put into the headlamp housing if desired. They are the Extreme H11's and they utilize a couple of aluminum cooling fins to dissipate heat. I've owned the First generation bulbs and their latest design both are of excellent quality and both work to this day. So my suggestion is to return those bulbs and go to XenonDepot and buy theirs..... those FAN type have had a lot of problems...I did a lot of reading into them also by the way...just food for thought! [twothumb]

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #3
I'm afraid to say....those will not accommodate the factory headlamp cap. Ask me how I know! The LED bulbs that will definitely fit under the caps are made by XenonDepot and they are adjustable to aim them after they are put into the headlamp housing if desired. They are the Extreme H11's and they utilize a couple of aluminum cooling fins to dissipate heat. I've owned the First generation bulbs and their latest design both are of excellent quality and both work to this day. So my suggestion is to return those bulbs and go to XenonDepot and buy theirs..... those FAN type have had a lot of problems...I did a lot of reading into them also by the way...just food for thought! [twothumb]
Yes I know cause I tried. Already saw some people with this fan led with 80mm caps maybe I will get some. I also saw some with a hole for the fan to pass trough but the dust might get in easily 🤨

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The caps are not for dust as much as they are utilized for keeping moisture out. Do your self a favor and get the other bulbs.[wrenchin]

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #5
The caps are not for dust as much as they are utilized for keeping moisture out. Do your self a favor and get the other bulbs.[wrenchin]
Do you have any link for those? I just said the dust cause they are named "dust caps" [emoji28]
Edit:
Just saw your post and HID are "more illegal" than leds. Portugal has restrict laws about car mods unfortunately...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go to xenonDepot.com

Extreme LED h11's

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

XanRules

Throw them in the trash where they belong and buy some real bulbs.

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #11
The thing is that I can't get anything more strong than this. I wanted the white effect but here the law is very strict about car mods and this is more subtle [emoji26]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you read anything that the site says? They are 5500k ...your current setup is 6000k. Reading is left to right....top to bottom....grouping words to form sentences....Tylenol for an headaches and midol for the cramps.

Last edited:

XanRules

Do you roll LED bulbs?

No, I have brighter halogen headlight bulbs in my halogen headlight housings. This means they are safe, legal, and provide significantly more usable light output than LED or HID "kits."

OP should have spent twenty bucks on a set of Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, which are twice as bright and much whiter than the shitty yellowed stock bulbs while still aiming the beam correctly for the benefit of night vision and the safety of other drivers, fit in the OEM housings they were designed for, and are legal in all countries and states, instead of buying an "LED kit" from China that blasts blue light ten feet in front of his car and requires modification to fit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, I have brighter halogen headlight bulbs in my halogen headlight housings. This means they are safe, legal, and provide significantly more usable light output than LED or HID "kits."

OP should have spent twenty bucks on a set of Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, which are twice as bright and much whiter than the shitty yellowed stock bulbs while still aiming the beam correctly for the benefit of night vision and the safety of other drivers, fit in the OEM housings they were designed for, and are legal in all countries and states, instead of buying an "LED kit" from China that blasts blue light ten feet in front of his car and requires modification to fit.
The xenon depot headlights require no modification to fit and also are made to be aimed while being in the housing to focus the beam of light if so desired...he is in Portugal...I do believe they have projector style housings but i could be wrong....if they do have projector style housings LED or HID will work in the housing just fine. HIDs and LEDs are far superior in every application if utilized correctly. My LEDs are more than adequate than Halogen bulbs and DO NOT blind people when driving...ive confimed this with other drivers on the Road personally. So let the man do as he desires and quite peddling your Smegma around here....if you don't know what that is look that shit up.

XanRules

The xenon depot headlights require no modification to fit and also are made to be aimed while being in the housing to focus the beam of light if so desired...he is in Portugal...I do believe they have projector style housings but i could be wrong....if they do have projector style housings LED or HID will work in the housing just fine. HIDs and LEDs are far superior in every application if utilized correctly. My LEDs are more than adequate than Halogen bulbs and DO NOT blind people when driving...ive confimed this with other drivers on the Road personally. So let the man do as he desires and quite peddling your Smegma around here....if you don't know what that is look that shit up.

LED "kits," like HID "kits," cannot be safely, legally, or effectively used in halogen housings. This is physics.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Daniel Stern has been THE authority on automotive lighting for longer than I've been legally allowed to drive. He is a consultant to numerous OEM and aftermarket suppliers and has been doing this for a living damn near forever. He links to numerous studies and legal statutes in the above piece, which is primarily concerned with HIDs but applies equally to LEDs.

Halogen lights go in halogen housings.
HIDs go in HID housings.
LEDs go in LED housings.
There is a reason for this, and it's not "Xan from online is a hater." "Other drivers say I don't blind them" is not a substitute for scientific evidence and legal precedent. If you want to see and be seen, safely, effectively, and legally, put halogen lights in halogen housings, the way the engineers intended.

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #16

I had Philips white vision but they were not as "white" as I wanted.

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #18
The "white vision," like all other crappy blue-tinted bulbs, are worse than stock. Get the Xtreme Vision +100.
I was thinking in night beaker laser but I gave this a try

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
LED "kits," like HID "kits," cannot be safely, legally, or effectively used in halogen housings. This is physics.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Daniel Stern has been THE authority on automotive lighting for longer than I've been legally allowed to drive. He is a consultant to numerous OEM and aftermarket suppliers and has been doing this for a living damn near forever. He links to numerous studies and legal statutes in the above piece, which is primarily concerned with HIDs but applies equally to LEDs.

Halogen lights go in halogen housings.
HIDs go in HID housings.
LEDs go in LED housings.
There is a reason for this, and it's not "Xan from online is a hater." "Other drivers say I don't blind them" is not a substitute for scientific evidence and legal precedent. If you want to see and be seen, safely, effectively, and legally, put halogen lights in halogen housings, the way the engineers intended.
You got it man. I will be upgrading my headlight bulbs, at some point in the future but it will be with halogen bulbs. Now I do put LEDs for my reverse lights, and my license plate light looks cool.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
CarlosGoncalves
Thread Starter #20
You got it man. I will be upgrading my headlight bulbs, at some point in the future but it will be with halogen bulbs. Now I do put LEDs for my reverse lights, and my license plate light looks cool.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Tried fiest time today led in "eye fish" headlight and I liked the feeling