Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Man I got so frustrated with them I decided to put the OZs back on with the RT615K+. I still haven’t figured out where they like the pressure to be. They’re so inconsistent. Maybe I should’ve gone with the RSRR or just stuck with the RT615K+.
How was the heat management on the Federals?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Man I got so frustrated with them I decided to put the OZs back on with the RT615K+. I still haven’t figured out where they like the pressure to be. They’re so inconsistent. Maybe I should’ve gone with the RSRR or just stuck with the RT615K+.

Some claim that even the RS-RRs get 'greasy' after multiple laps. [dunno]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
How was the heat management on the Federals?
That’s the thing.. After two to three laps, they were greasy. I figure it’s me not adjusting the pressure correctly. The Falkens don’t have an issue holding on for 20 minutes until they’re about worn out or it’s super hot outside. I can activate ABS with the RSR too. I don’t think I’ve ever hit that limit with the RT615K+.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205
New street wheels: 17x7.5 et42 Fifteen52 Tarmacs with 205/40-17 Indy’s and D-lng Designs front custom fans.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
Finally mounted! Ron@whoosh shipped the spacers super fast! Most of you guys don’t care for brakefans, but I’ve loved them since I was a kid. It looks so much better in person but I figured I’d share pics for those that know what they are:

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208

I purposely punished my replacement X47 at Road Atlanta yesterday during five 20 minute sessions. By “punish” I mean wide open throttle in gears 2nd-5th for the entire session.. It was flawless and much faster than I expected. The power from a hybrid turbo is impressive. If you’re familiar with this track, I approached turn 10a at 122mph. If I could keep my windows up I’m sure it would’ve been faster. With the stock turbo I might’ve hit 110mph in the same spot. It’s not all about top speed though.. More Importantly, pull out of corners is SIGNIFICANTLY improved after combining this hybrid with my LSD. My stock fueled Fiesta is legitimately fast on a race track now.

Long story short, I don’t time myself at HPDE. There’s almost always traffic and HPDE isn’t a race.. That said, Spec Miata driver approached me and said I ran a 1:44. Assuming he’s correct, that’s pretty damn impressive in a Fiesta. A few seconds faster than any other Fiesta on that track that I’m aware of. I was sloppy too. My RT615K+ are at the bars. With a fresh set I bet I could improve. The car that had the last record was on Hoosiers.. I’ll log “official” times soon during competition.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #211
Good photographer. Shutter speed is very important -- too fast and it looks like a still shot -- these look great. Love the Sparcos, too!
Thank you. Chad definitely gets it. He shoots for SuperStreet and digital mags all over the world. Most of my on-track pics are his.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Stopped by 2J Racing to borrow the alignment rack so I could easily swap the TB Performance braces for Pierce. I also installed the revised CPE resonator to quiet down my exhaust. As soon as the Tune+ exhaust is ready, I’m ordering it. If you want a deal on a CPE catback with the new resonator and a resonator delete pipe, PM me.

Brakefans! Aka Turbofans! DLng builds functional art.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Stopped by 2J Racing to borrow the alignment rack so I could easily swap the TB Performance braces for Pierce. I also installed the revised CPE resonator to quiet down my exhaust. As soon as the Tune+ exhaust is ready, I’m ordering it. If you want a deal on a CPE catback with the new resonator and a resonator delete pipe, PM me.

Brakefans! Aka Turbofans! DLng builds functional art.
How much of a pain was the 6-point to align the holes?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
How much of a pain was the 6-point to align the holes?
No problem at all. After removing the two TB Performance braces, I started with the front of the 6-point and moved back. Everything lined up without a problem. Since I installed and torqued everything with the suspension loaded, there’s no creaking or any other abnormal noises. Having access to a rack like this made it really easy.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #218
Is that Tune+ system going to be all titanium? [dunno]
Rumor has it, yes. There will be ——- and Ti versions. Completely unnecessary for my build, but I want it.

EDIT: They will offer Stainless and Ti, NOT aluminum.

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Rumor has it, yes. There will be aluminum and Ti versions. Completely unnecessary for my build, but I want it.
It's ok, I don't track my FiST as much as you do but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my Stoptech BBK lol

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220
It's ok, I don't track my FiST as much as you do but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my Stoptech BBK lol
These brakes are the best available for track. Pads are cheap!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5