Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42

Worn out RT615K+ are sketchy in pouring rain ha!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
How have you liked the Stoptech kit so far?
Man I love it. I’m STILL on the original Sport Performance pads after ten track days. It’s crazy. They’re clearly a lot of brake for the light weight Fiesta. No fade, no problems.. I’m installing a LSD now so pad wear should be reduced even more. If wheel fitment weren’t an issue, everyone would buy them.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Man I love it. I’m STILL on the original Sport Performance pads after ten track days. It’s crazy. They’re clearly a lot of brake for the light weight Fiesta. No fade, no problems.. I’m installing a LSD now so pad wear should be reduced even more. If wheel fitment weren’t an issue, everyone would buy them.
Thats reassuring! I'll hopefully be acquiring a Stoptech kit soon. Judging by their template(hopefully its accurate) that I took off their website for the FiST BBK the calipers should clear my spokes with a good 4-5mm of clearance with no spacers. I have yet to see someone with the Stoptech BBK and Team Dynamics. It might be the magic wheel that has good enough offset and spoke design to clear without spacers. I know Acceljunky had a hell of a time finding a wheel that would "fit" without spacers. We will find out. I'll have to be the guinea pig for these wheels as I'm sure its not been done yet just for the fact the BBK is a pretty penny and AFAIK there has been only 3(including you) who've gotten the kit.

I just wanted a kit that I could throw on and forget about. As in, not have to worry about cooling, fade, lack of performance, and things of that nature anytime I go to the track and/or spirited driving. Judging by your experience it seems to be the right choice.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Thats reassuring! I'll hopefully be acquiring a Stoptech kit soon. Judging by their template(hopefully its accurate) that I took off their website for the FiST BBK the calipers should clear my spokes with a good 4-5mm of clearance with no spacers. I have yet to see someone with the Stoptech BBK and Team Dynamics. It might be the magic wheel that has good enough offset and spoke design to clear without spacers. I know Acceljunky had a hell of a time finding a wheel that would "fit" without spacers. We will find out. I'll have to be the guinea pig for these wheels as I'm sure its not been done yet just for the fact the BBK is a pretty penny and AFAIK there has been only 3(including you) who've gotten the kit.

I just wanted a kit that I could throw on and forget about. As in, not have to worry about cooling, fade, lack of performance, and things of that nature anytime I go to the track and/or spirited driving. Judging by your experience it seems to be the right choice.
If you’re ok with messing around with wheel fitment, you’re good. I’ve always worried about brakes because I’ve lost them completely in the past. I don’t even think about the Stoptechs. I just flush the calipers frequently and go have fun..

I did install the larger Focus SVT rotors (Stoptech slotted), brackets and rear Stoptech Sport pads to help with the front bias. I was having a lot of ass wiggling under hard braking from +100mph. They have helped that. There is another member testing a similar rear kit now that is supposed to go into production. The SVT brackets are difficult to find.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We had a full day of rain at the track yesterday. It was my first saturated track day. I was pleasantly surprised at how balanced my car is when traction totally lets go. RT615k+ suck in rain, but we all know that. The ITG intake is so loud outside the car. It’s pretty damn funny actually. I was expecting a lot more 2Jish noise inside but it isn’t bad at all. I can easily hold a phone conversation driving in the city. The Fiesta made me smile all day again. Edit: this was a Miata event I crashed.. Every Miata you can think of was there.

I'll bet those high boost turbo kit, and LSx V-8 conversion Flyin' Miatas were a HANDFUL in those conditions (regardless of what tires they were on)!!

What size 615K+es are you running on the Leggendas?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
I'll bet those high boost turbo kit, and LSx V-8 conversion Flyin' Miatas were a HANDFUL in those conditions (regardless of what tires they were on)!!

What size 615K+es are you running on the Leggendas?
Yeah everyone struggled with traction that day. It was pouring.

I have 215/40-17 RT615K+. I had a bit of rub in the front (because of my spacers) but it seems to have worked itself out ha!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
If you’re ok with messing around with wheel fitment, you’re good. I’ve always worried about brakes because I’ve lost them completely in the past. I don’t even think about the Stoptechs. I just flush the calipers frequently and go have fun..

I did install the larger Focus SVT rotors (Stoptech slotted), brackets and rear Stoptech Sport pads to help with the front bias. I was having a lot of ass wiggling under hard braking from +100mph. They have helped that. There is another member testing a similar rear kit now that is supposed to go into production. The SVT brackets are difficult to find.
I already have the SVT rear brake upgrade so that’s already done. I’ll post with my findings when I receive the brake kit

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
I should’ve installed the LSD a long time ago. It should’ve been the first thing I changed. The car is so much faster through turns and there’s no TVC bullshit interrupting me randomly. Best money I’ve spent besides buying the car.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I should’ve installed the LSD a long time ago. It should’ve been the first thing I changed. The car is so much faster through turns and there’s no TVC bullshit interrupting me randomly. Best money I’ve spent besides buying the car.
Hey man as you know I'm considering LSD....can you share some honest thoughts no BS/hype, not track review but everyday driving will a person driving the car as a DD notice much difference in aggressive accelerating, on ramps, the occasional quick cornering, etc. or does it really only necessitate install if used on the track?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Hey man as you know I'm considering LSD....can you share some honest thoughts no BS/hype, not track review but everyday driving will a person driving the car as a DD notice much difference in aggressive accelerating, on ramps, the occasional quick cornering, etc. or does it really only necessitate install if used on the track?
Sure Jeff. I’m happy to elaborate. I haven’t tracked it yet so my perspective is based on two mountain runs and about 100miles of urban driving.
What impresses me most is cornering. It doesn’t matter if it’s railing a twisty road or exiting my driveway, it is significantly smoother and subconsciously predictable now. I haven’t felt Torque Vectoring at all. This is particularly helpful for me because I couldn’t predict when the ECU was going to take control away from me mid turn. Mentally, that made me less confident in the car. With the LSD, I can hammer throttle mid-turn to exit (in normal mode) without any ECU interference. The level of traction the front wheels have is dramatically increased. For example, my 215/40-17 RT615K+ 200tw tires are worn to the bar. I could easily break one loose with full throttle in 1st and 2nd. I cannot do that (on the same tires) with the LSD.

I noticed a bit of torque steer this morning, but nothing like I felt when I drove a MRX equipped car. That particular experience is what convinced me to go with a LSD prior to big turbo. I can’t imagine the torque steer and traction loss a hybrid would have without a LSD.

Something to consider, I took mountain turns much, much faster with the LSD than I COULD before it. As for city and town driving I think it’s worth it. Especially if you’re pushing as much torque and power as your car is. The feeling of the car fighting for grip goes away. Both wheels dig in and pull, as they should. I also didn’t notice any unusual noises since the installation. I still use Motul 300 and I have a new stock clutch. With the quote you were given for installation, I would seriously consider it. As a driving enthusiast, you will appreciate it on the street.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Sure Jeff. I’m happy to elaborate. I haven’t tracked it yet so my perspective is based on two mountain runs and about 100miles of urban driving.
What impresses me most is cornering. It doesn’t matter if it’s railing a twisty road or exiting my driveway, it is significantly smoother and subconsciously predictable now. I haven’t felt Torque Vectoring at all. This is particularly helpful for me because I couldn’t predict when the ECU was going to take control away from me mid turn. Mentally, that made me less confident in the car. With the LSD, I can hammer throttle mid-turn to exit (in normal mode) without any ECU interference. The level of traction the front wheels have is dramatically increased. For example, my 215/40-17 RT615K+ 200tw tires are worn to the bar. I could easily break one loose with full throttle in 1st and 2nd. I cannot do that (on the same tires) with the LSD.

I noticed a bit of torque steer this morning, but nothing like I felt when I drove a MRX equipped car. That particular experience is what convinced me to go with a LSD prior to big turbo. I can’t imagine the torque steer and traction loss a hybrid would have without a LSD.

Something to consider, I took mountain turns much, much faster with the LSD than I COULD before it. As for city and town driving I think it’s worth it. Especially if you’re pushing as much torque and power as your car is. The feeling of the car fighting for grip goes away. Both wheels dig in and pull, as they should. I also didn’t notice any unusual noises since the installation. I still use Motul 300 and I have a new stock clutch. With the quote you were given for installation, I would seriously consider it. As a driving enthusiast, you will appreciate it on the street.
Cool much appreciated.

So it sounds like the scoop for me is this - while I don't ever track the car nor drive like a banshee on the street with any regularity, the LSD would be noticed and helpful even in straight-line on ramp acceleration and such because it reduces torque steer and makes the car feel more planted/in control, especially with my power upgrades.

Which one did you go with, and where did you buy it?

Any other tips? For example, I assume brand new tranny fluid is needed...anything else, any hidden costs, etc. I should be aware of?

TDavis

1000 Post Club

Makin me want to get an LSD before I get a turbo dammit

BrokeFiST Build

2014 Oxford White with Nav, Sunroof and Recaros

Interior
- Lathewerks 2” shifter extension
- Ford Carbon shift knob
- Scroth Pro harness (for HANS)
- 20% tint all around
- Broadway BW845 270mm Mirror
- Valentine 1 hardwired to mirror
- All led
- Fire extinguisher bracket and H3R Performance HG250B Fire Extinguisher

Exterior
- Maxton lip
- Maxton wing tip
- Custco tow hook
- BMW rear tow rings
- Sanded grill
- Baja Designs driving lights
- H9 headlight bulbs
- Spec-D red smoked taillights

Suspension
- BC Racing with Swift springs custom tuned and corner balanced by 2J Racing

Brakes
- Stoptech ST40 BBK
- Ford Focus SVT rear with Stoptech rotors and Stoptech Performance Pads
- Custom 3” ducting

Wheels and Tires
- OZ Leggenda 17x7 ET42 with 12mm spacers
- Falken RT615K+ 215/40-17
- Gorilla splined lugs

Performance
- Cobb AP
- Stratified V4 Aggressive Tune
- MFactory LSD
- Mishimoto Radiator
- Mishimoto 160 Thermostat
- Whoosh catted DP
- CPE exhaust
- ITG intake
- Whoosh induction and crossover
- Whoosh hot pipe
- Damond OCC
- DHM Race IC
- DHM crashbar
- TB Performance braces
- Velossatech snorkel
- TialQ BOV 11 spring

Coming Soon
- Larger turbo

Here are a few pics of my car. I've built many vehicles in my years, but this will be my first "build" page. I usually don't keep cars long, but the Fiesta ST will be with me indefinitely. I look forward to sharing some of the stories and experiences I've had with this platform.

[/QUOTE
Great FiST! [thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5