Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Yeah, I STILL can't get over how phenomenal that car looks with those wheels, at that ride height!

GREAT job Woods!! [twothumb] [twothumb]
Thank you for the wonderful compliment! Soon I’ll have a real photographer take pictures of the car.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
Makin me want to get an LSD before I get a turbo dammit
Do it!!! I bought the MFactory from Whoosh. It is without question the best thing I’ve installed. If I could only have a single mod, it would be the LSD. No question.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Cool much appreciated.

So it sounds like the scoop for me is this - while I don't ever track the car nor drive like a banshee on the street with any regularity, the LSD would be noticed and helpful even in straight-line on ramp acceleration and such because it reduces torque steer and makes the car feel more planted/in control, especially with my power upgrades.

Which one did you go with, and where did you buy it?

Any other tips? For example, I assume brand new tranny fluid is needed...anything else, any hidden costs, etc. I should be aware of?
Yo Matt could you address this follow-up question from a few days ago?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Yo Matt could you address this follow-up question from a few days ago?
Sorry Jeff. I was away over the weekend. Here’s a quick breakdown:

- MFactory Diff: $649 (Whoosh discounts it)
- Differential Installation Kit, Fiesta ST (I originally ordered this from Mountune but they couldn’t give me an ETA so I cancelled and bought the more expensive kit from Whoosh that includes locktite. He didn’t have the less expensive kit. You can probably buy it for less and get it quicker from TASCA or Ford unless Ron has stock): $199 at Mountune
- C1BZ*7B546*J — Pressure Plate: $83.93
- DG9Z*7A564*B — Slave Cylinder: $27.97
- *W714914*S303 — Pully Bolt (6): $9.36 (total for all six)
- AV6Z*6379*A — Bolt Hex Head (6): $4.80 (total for all six)
- C1BZ6477B — Flywheel (if you need it. I didn’t.): $211.57

According to my installer and Steve @TASCA they are necessary. I have low mileage so I didn’t change the flywheel. I didn’t read this anywhere, but the other parts are relatively inexpensive so I figured it best to do as advised.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Sorry Jeff. I was away over the weekend. Here’s a quick breakdown:

- MFactory Diff: $649 (Whoosh discounts it)
- Differential Installation Kit, Fiesta ST (I originally ordered this from Mountune but they couldn’t give me an ETA so I cancelled and bought the more expensive kit from Whoosh that includes locktite. He didn’t have the less expensive kit. You can probably buy it for less and get it quicker from TASCA or Ford unless Ron has stock): $199 at Mountune
- C1BZ*7B546*J — Pressure Plate: $83.93
- DG9Z*7A564*B — Slave Cylinder: $27.97
- *W714914*S303 — Pully Bolt (6): $9.36 (total for all six)
- AV6Z*6379*A — Bolt Hex Head (6): $4.80 (total for all six)
- C1BZ6477B — Flywheel (if you need it. I didn’t.): $211.57

According to my installer and Steve @TASCA they are necessary. I have low mileage so I didn’t change the flywheel. I didn’t read this anywhere, but the other parts are relatively inexpensive so I figured it best to do as advised.
Cool thanks.

I'll share my research to help anyone else reading this...link and info:

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...tial-installation-kit-m-4026-fa-free-shipping

Differential Installation Kit

Includes:

2- Differential Bearings.
10- Ring Gear Bolts.
2- Axle Seals.
2- Gasket Maker.
Threadlocker and Sealer (1 Red, 1 Blue).
Installation Instructions.

Bonus - Mountune kit link:

https://www.mountuneusa.com/ATB-Differential-Installation-Kit-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-atb-hw.htm

So it sounds like the truth is that to do it "right" it's around a grand + install. Thanks again for the 411.

Last question - what about the 17 transmission case bolts - they're supposedly one-time use, did you reuse yours or buy new ones?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Cool thanks.

I'll share my research to help anyone else reading this...link and info:

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...tial-installation-kit-m-4026-fa-free-shipping

Differential Installation Kit

Includes:

2- Differential Bearings.
10- Ring Gear Bolts.
2- Axle Seals.
2- Gasket Maker.
Threadlocker and Sealer (1 Red, 1 Blue).
Installation Instructions.

Bonus - Mountune kit link:

https://www.mountuneusa.com/ATB-Differential-Installation-Kit-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-atb-hw.htm

So it sounds like the truth is that to do it "right" it's around a grand + install. Thanks again for the 411.

Last question - what about the 17 transmission case bolts - they're supposedly one-time use, did you reuse yours or buy new ones?
I’ll need to confirm with 2J Racing but I believe they were changed and billed as part of the installation.

On a side note, I had a chance to drive the car a bit more today. I do notice a bit of torque steer under hard acceleration. It’s nothing I’m concerned about but I figured I’d let you guys know it is there.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
I'm not really a fan of the red smoked Spec-D taillights on my car. I should've gone with the regular red.

I have those wheels in 15in...they look awesome in 17's apparently too. Thanks for the write up. I love that snorkel. I try to get the best intake temps on every car I've had over the years. That's a better alternative to fog-light ducting or hood vents.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have those wheels in 15in...they look awesome in 17's apparently too.
Are you sure that you are not mistaking Woods' OZed Leggendas with Sparco terras? [dunno]

They were NEVER available in anything but a 17x7 to direct fit our rides, here in the states (don't know about overseas??). ;)
(Unless you are referring to another different, NOT a FiST ride altogether?)

Are you sure that you are not mistaking Woods' OZed Leggendas with Sparco terras? [dunno]

They were NEVER available in anything but a 17x7 to direct fit our rides, here in the states (don't know about overseas??). ;)
(Unless you are referring to another different, NOT a FiST ride altogether?)
Yeah I was mistaken, I was looking on mobile and at a glance they appeared to be the same wheel

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HA!
I must have gotten the next to last one, which I'm sure helped save my EVAP canister from harm on the rough/rocky gravel stage roads up in N.H./Maine. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5