Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #81
I found a way to make my Fiesta feel MUCH faster!!!

I drove my pos 83 Scrambler exclusively for days, then hopped back in my Fiesta and loaded the Stratifed V4.0 tune! My car must be faster than 99% of the vehicles built in the 80s. Just sayin.. Here’s a pic of my Heep. Also, ladies prefer the Heep over the Fiesta all day long. My wife couldn’t wait to ride in it. She’s ridden in the Fiesta twice in 2.5yrs. “It’s too small and you drive it like an asshole.” Truth..

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Don't make me feel guilty dammit. I want to get a turbo before the LSD.....

You got the mFactory LSD correct? Don't know if its posted elsewhere but how much was labor for a shop to install it? Or did you do it yourself?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Matt do you have a 6 point brace? I can't remember...

So today I spent an hour watching LSD install videos. I priced all the parts. I talked to my buddy about 873 reasons why I should go for it. I contacted my mechanic and we discussed the install/labor involved. I was 80% convinced.

Then I got in my car and floored it in 2nd and there just isn't that much torque steer at all (due to my braces and tires). So I dropped down to 40% convinced.

[confuse]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It's not for the torque steer. It's for acceleration out of a corner. Normally it wants to push wide and spin the inside tire. With an LSD it sends power to both tires so it does not spin the inside tire. The outside tire is getting power as well and the car claws out of the corner. Same effect as torque vectoring but mechanically (yes I know the TVC uses the brakes but it's electronically controlled) and about 4700% more effective.

LSD transforms a FWD car. My Sentra SE-Rs have them and they are a dream on the track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
It's not for the torque steer. It's for acceleration out of a corner. Normally it wants to push wide and spin the inside tire. With an LSD it sends power to both tires so it does not spin the inside tire. The outside tire is getting power as well and the car claws out of the corner. Same effect as torque vectoring but mechanically (yes I know the TVC uses the brakes but it's electronically controlled) and about 4700% more effective.

LSD transforms a FWD car. My Sentra SE-Rs have them and they are a dream on the track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yeah I know about the reasons to get LSD it's just that I don't track the car so the acceleration out of corners benefit alone isn't worth the cost of this mod....if I tracked it would be a no brainer but I don't...so for me it's all about managing the power during my daily driving and as I understand the effects of an LSD install on our cars, for my application one of the primary benefits that will be most relevant in daily driving is the reduction of torque steer....Matt (OP) himself commented on how the LSD lowers torque steer a few posts back...

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #91
Don't make me feel guilty dammit. I want to get a turbo before the LSD.....

You got the mFactory LSD correct? Don't know if its posted elsewhere but how much was labor for a shop to install it? Or did you do it yourself?
I have the MFactory yeah. I paid about a grand for the installation of the LSD and Mishimoto 160 thermostat.

If you track your car you’ll appreciate this more than I can put into words. I have every bolt-on (except a turbo) and I had no problems passing and hanging with cars I couldn’t flirt with before. Tire spin was a huge problem before. Much more than I realized.. It’s a totally different car now and pulls through turns as a proper performance car should.

I have three more track days coming up and I’m sure I’ll be itching for a turbo upgrade after. I’ve decided to buy a hybrid so I can keep stock spool.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
Matt do you have a 6 point brace? I can't remember...

So today I spent an hour watching LSD install videos. I priced all the parts. I talked to my buddy about 873 reasons why I should go for it. I contacted my mechanic and we discussed the install/labor involved. I was 80% convinced.

Then I got in my car and floored it in 2nd and there just isn't that much torque steer at all (due to my braces and tires). So I dropped down to 40% convinced.

[confuse]
I don’t have a six-point. I have TB Performance’s traction bar, four-point and rear beam braces. I have noticed a bit more torque steer while accelerating very hard in a straight line with the LSD and my new aggressive Stratified tune. The last track I was on has a lot of elevation change and tight turns. The LSD made a significant difference in turning and my brakes stayed more consistent through 20min sessions. I was braking much harder than before because my speed was a lot higher.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
Thanks. Yeah I know about the reasons to get LSD it's just that I don't track the car so the acceleration out of corners benefit alone isn't worth the cost of this mod....if I tracked it would be a no brainer but I don't...so for me it's all about managing the power during my daily driving and as I understand the effects of an LSD install on our cars, for my application one of the primary benefits that will be most relevant in daily driving is the reduction of torque steer....Matt (OP) himself commented on how the LSD lowers torque steer a few posts back...
Now that I’ve logged more time with the LSD I can’t say it decreases torque steer. I recently loaded Stratifiedauto’s V4 aggressive throttle tune and torque steer is there under hard straight line acceleration. If you don’t plan to track the car or drive in dirt, the LSD might not be worth the cost. It’s a game changer for track and autox though. More so than a turbo upgrade in my opinion.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #96
Really lol. Too cold?
Lol! I went out last year when the track temps were 26 degrees. It was a blast. If I’m lucky we’ll have a mild winter down here and February will be my only downtime.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I guess didn’t realize gets that cold down there. It’s been in 30s up here and still rocking bald re71rs till I see snow in the forecast. Car looks good as always btw guy.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #99
I learned something about my car yesterday. The headlights really, really suck. They’re worse than my 83 Jeep headlights. WTF?! I usually only drive in the dark on the way to the track early in the morning but yesterday I spent a total of six hours in the dark and was amazed at how shitty they are, even with H9 bulbs.. Wow. I’m not paying $800 for Euro lights so something else needs to happen. Maybe I’ll add change my fogs out to the Pro version. We’ll see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5