Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
My X47 seized this morning. Less than a 1000 miles. It was a fun month though haha! I suppose I should’ve known better than to purchase a Pumaspeed turbo in the US. I’m thankful Ron took it upon himself to build one here for us. I will be installing his as soon as it arrives.
Fuck that shit dude. We know why it happened?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #162
Fuck that shit dude. We know why it happened?
Not really sure man. Everything was within tolerance prior to the installation. Priming procedure was done. Stratified tuned it, although JST tuned it first but I didn’t drive on it much. I think the bottom line is, Pumaspeed has subpar quality control. I’m taking the turbo out this weekend for closer inspection, not that it matters. I’m ready to move on. I have many, many trackdays scheduled.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Did you buy this turbo second hand from someone? We don't produce the x47 any more. It hasn't been in production for over a year.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #167
Ouch! the carnage! Chris @ Automotion was telling me about this over the wkd while working on my car. Makes me want to rethink installing the Pumaspeed X37 I bought second hand from a forum member
They seem to be hit or miss. [MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] has 40k on his x37 and others failed way before that. If I were buying a new Pumaspeed turbo, I’d record every minute of the installation and breakin so I could upload it to them if it blows haha! My car was legitimately fast with that turbo.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #168
Tim and Pumaspeed have been extremely helpful in assisting with the failure. I didn’t even ask for assistance. Tim took it upon himself to bring Pumaspeed in to help. I sincerely appreciate that. I have a different perspective of Pumaspeed’s customer service now. I shouldn’t have used someone else’s bad experience for my own. That’s my bad and I apologize.

haste

1000 Post Club
I don't think you had enough sealant for the intake elbow. I put like a 0.5mm bead around mine when installing(used a toothpick). I wonder if your turbo pulled some in and broke something.
I keep wanting to pull my turbo to see what it looks like but it's still working fine and I don't want to mess with it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't think you had enough sealant for the intake elbow. I put like a 0.5mm bead around mine when installing(used a toothpick). I wonder if your turbo pulled some in and broke something.
I keep wanting to pull my turbo to see what it looks like but it's still working fine and I don't want to mess with it.
Just get a Boroscope and snake it through the intake tube to look at the compressor wheel. Food for thought!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #172
How can you tell since it was removed? Serious question. It was completely covered when it was removed.

haste

1000 Post Club
Not sarcastic at all. I see waaaay to much sealant left over on the outside edges, especially in the areas on the mounting holes and on the inner part around the intake. I am a diesel mechanic and see it all the time.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #175
Does anyone make a larger elbow that has an o-ring like the stock one?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
Outstanding weather for the first track day of the season. It took me a bit to figure out how much pressure makes the Federals happy. Once I figure that out, nothing passed me.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #179
Rear tow hook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet. I have a hitch and BMW rings on both lower rear shock mounts. They can pull from them if needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5