Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Radiator OR Mountune Radiator

Mishimoto Radiator or Mountune Radiator?

• Mishomoto

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mountune

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters
I have the Mishi radiator. Mountune didn't have theirs yet... Never dealt directly with Mishi, rather a distributor since it was cheaper $. With that said, its been on the car for almost 25k miles, or since early Feb. 2017 - no issues with the product thus far. You can find photos of when I did the Mishi/DHM/Mountune part install on my build thread.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Considering making my FiST a decent track day competitor but also I know the stock rad isn't really that good in terms of keeping the car ideally cool. My car stayed cool on my first track day but it was also a nice 60 degree day and not the 90 degree days that track days are usually at.

I've heard good things about both brands but I want to get other peoples opinions on it.
Run don't walk from Mishi!!!!! Check BBB score!

Looks like I need to do this mod unfortunately. Saw 240 degrees on the accessport today while sitting at a traffic light.

Ended up ordering the Mountune. With a coupon code I found for their website, ended up getting it for 430 shipped

haste

1000 Post Club
Looks like I need to do this mod unfortunately. Saw 240 degrees on the accessport today while sitting at a traffic light.
Coolant or oil temp? Ambient was 94f where I was at today and when sitting in traffic my coolant temp would drop below 195f.

This thread is probably beyond it, but I had promised an update earlier, so onward.

I had the Mishimoto radiator in for the Mid-Ohio track day and had zero issues with coolant or oil temps. The weather was hot and humid-upper 80ā€™s and low 90ā€™s during a couple of sessions.

Interestingly, there was another 2016 FiST there and he has had no cooling issues at all with the stock radiator. The only thing I can come up with is perhaps the quality of the oem radiator is not entirely consistent

This thread is probably beyond it, but I had promised an update earlier, so onward.

I had the Mishimoto radiator in for the Mid-Ohio track day and had zero issues with coolant or oil temps. The weather was hot and humid-upper 80ā€™s and low 90ā€™s during a couple of sessions.

Interestingly, there was another 2016 FiST there and he has had no cooling issues at all with the stock radiator. The only thing I can come up with is perhaps the quality of the oem radiator is not entirely consistent
It funny you say that! My 16' FiST had terrible overheating issues on track so I bought the Mishi radiator and oil cooler. No such problem since. However, I was just at VIR and another 16' FiST was there and had no issues in the two days of humid upper 80 degree weather! It either has to be a quality control issue or a driver mod issue. I'm not sure which one it is, but the overheating seems to effect some but not others!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It funny you say that! My 16' FiST had terrible overheating issues on track so I bought the Mishi radiator and oil cooler. No such problem since. However, I was just at VIR and another 16' FiST was there and had no issues in the two days of humid upper 80 degree weather! It either has to be a quality control issue or a driver mod issue. I'm not sure which one it is, but the overheating seems to effect some but not others!
I've purposely tried to overheat my car....up full boar huge hills in Duluth ....drive aggressive......troll in high heat traffic A/c full max....no luck! maybe I got a good one! [rockon]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I've purposely tried to overheat my car....up full boar huge hills in Duluth ....drive aggressive......troll in high heat traffic A/c full max....no luck! maybe I got a good one! [rockon]
Same here...my 16 has never displayed any more than the two normal bars. This even in bumper to bumper for 1 1/2 hours with A/C on and 97 degrees. I have the MP-215. I also think other than a normal amount of defective radiators it is tune dependant. Not to mention mods blocking the radiator flow. Would be interesting to see a poll as to who overheats vs tunes. I wonder if the joint Ford/Mountune testing showed a need to modify fan and temps with the MP-215 that may not be done in other tunes or does the MP-215 also have temp problems in other cars?

For what its worth, Stratified actually changes the electric fan maps a bit to come on earlier. After going to my stratified tune last week, Ive noticed my coolant temps seem to average a bit lower running around town.

I haven't driven my car to work yet since I've done the new tune, will give me an excuse to drive it tomorrow.

In my case, I doubt it was the fan mapping on the tune. I was running a Tune+ custom stage 1 tune at the time and in a lap and a half of Watkins Glen I was at full bars and in limp mode (even with hot air blowing). The Glen is a fast track with what should be plenty of air flow for the radiator.

Around town I could see how mapping the fan to turn on earlier would be beneficial for temps, but with multiple 100+ mph straights, air flow probably wasn't my issue [raceflag]

I don't mean to be a dick but... On Alibaba you can purchase the exact same radiator and shroud as mishimoto but in quantities of 20 minimum. I emailed the company back and forth, $200 for each unit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I don't mean to be a dick but... On Alibaba you can purchase the exact same radiator and shroud as mishimoto but in quantities of 20 minimum. I emailed the company back and forth, $200 for each unit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
So are you going to buy 20 and resell......how much each?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Same here...my 16 has never displayed any more than the two normal bars. This even in bumper to bumper for 1 1/2 hours with A/C on and 97 degrees. I have the MP-215. I also think other than a normal amount of defective radiators it is tune dependant. Not to mention mods blocking the radiator flow. Would be interesting to see a poll as to who overheats vs tunes. I wonder if the joint Ford/Mountune testing showed a need to modify fan and temps with the MP-215 that may not be done in other tunes or does the MP-215 also have temp problems in other cars?
I have Velossa tech big mouth,Cobb style fmic , X47R in Florida and no over heating on stock rad .