Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Radiator OR Mountune Radiator

Mishimoto Radiator or Mountune Radiator?

• Mishomoto

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mountune

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
where did you get one made and how much was it? and was it shipped for free? I'm asking because i'm interested in buying one. thanks Dennis.
There are people local to you who most likely do this type of work as I have here in Mn. Search Radiator repair and building in California. Its what I did here in Mn......spoke to the guy and let him know what I wanted and he did it. It was $450! I picked it up....[cheerleader]

dmb

checked last week end at the hot rod swapmeet $800 that's why I asked. i'll keep a eye out. thanks for the quick reply.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I am actually getting a 2 month old Mountune from a part out for $375

Though one could Call Griffin and see how much they want for an aluminum for our cars. I know I had them build me a custom for my RB powered 240sx for around $375 of course that was around 11 years ago lol.

dmb

I am actually getting a 2 month old Mountune from a part out for $375

Though one could Call Griffin and see how much they want for an aluminum for our cars. I know I had them build me a custom for my RB powered 240sx for around $375 of course that was around 11 years ago lol.
Thanks Dave, i'll talk to you and the guys on sunday, see you there, Dennis

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
I do have a feeling the Mishi might be more fitting for track days/back road cruising in 90+ degree days. I haven't installed my 180 Motorcraft T-stat yet but think the Mountune might not like the hot weather in terms of thrashing it when its mid summer.

We will see.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I do have a feeling the Mishi might be more fitting for track days/back road cruising in 90+ degree days. I haven't installed my 180 Motorcraft T-stat yet but think the Mountune might not like the hot weather in terms of thrashing it when its mid summer.

We will see.
Wow this is a big assumption as there are many FiST owners in SoCal and Arizona running Mountune rads. None of them are having issues. Plus some of them track their cars. I read the thread to see were you garnered this conclusion.It basically fell on one member saying it held less and flowed less due to his laymen analysis of the designs. Also another’s report of 1-2 degree differences between owners temp measurement of the two brands. Nowhere in either of these analysi’s does it translate to it won’t be able to handle summer heat.

In fact based of comments of owners of both one would conclude that both will work. 1-2 degrees is not a big deal.

One could safely say buy which ever one you prefer and you will be fine in fact.

I personally wound up getting a brand new in the box Mountune for a great price but also owned a slightly used one and got to inspect both. I have seen quite a few aluminum rads in my life and can honestly say the construction of the Mountune is good . Its built right here in SoCal at CSF in Ontario. The Mishimoto is made in China. Pick your evil.

Mishimoto actually has a worse track record for manufacturing inconsistencies than CSF does. Caveat Emptor

Don’t worry and good luck.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Wow this is a big assumption as there are many FiST owners in SoCal and Arizona running Mountune rads. None of them are having issues. Plus some of them track their cars. I read the thread to see were you garnered this conclusion.It basically fell on one member saying it held less and flowed less due to his laymen analysis of the designs. Also another’s report of 1-2 degree differences between owners temp measurement of the two brands. Nowhere in either of these analysi’s does it translate to it won’t be able to handle summer heat.

In fact based of comments of owners of both one would conclude that both will work. 1-2 degrees is not a big deal.

One could safely say buy which ever one you prefer and you will be fine in fact.

I personally wound up getting a brand new in the box Mountune for a great price but also owned a slightly used one and got to inspect both. I have seen quite a few aluminum rads in my life and can honestly say the construction of the Mountune is good . Its built right here in SoCal at CSF in Ontario. The Mishimoto is made in China. Pick your evil.

Mishimoto actually has a worse track record for manufacturing inconsistencies than CSF does. Caveat Emptor

Don’t worry and good luck.
I tend to jump to the worst case scenario even when I know it'll probably be fine. But thanks. I have no doubt it'll work with normal driving as its been 100+ here and been fine with even the stock rad. My main concern will be once I'm in the high RPMs 95% of the track day when its 100+ out. It'll be a fun experiment to test and compare to stock once track season comes around.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I tend to jump to the worst case scenario even when I know it'll probably be fine. But thanks. I have no doubt it'll work with normal driving as its been 100+ here and been fine with even the stock rad. My main concern will be once I'm in the high RPMs 95% of the track day when its 100+ out. It'll be a fun experiment to test and compare to stock once track season comes around.
Ah thats cool my sister is that way. Lol It would be nice to see track temp differences between it and stock. Mine will be in by the time I hit the track. In fact I won’t go to the track here in SoCal without putting it in because of our temps.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Ah thats cool my sister is that way. Lol It would be nice to see track temp differences between it and stock. Mine will be in by the time I hit the track. In fact I won’t go to the track here in SoCal without putting it in because of our temps.
Yeah, the first time I went to Heartland, the coolant probably got at its highest at 225~degrees in 60 degree weather. Luckily I got my Mountune rad for a good deal brand new as well from a member on here back when they were backordered.

We'll see how it handles it. I still need to put the Motorcraft 180 T-stat in too. Just been waiting until spring weather arrives which, knock on wood, it seems like its finally here.

I hit limp mode quite easily @ Watkins Glen on my stock rad. Saw ~245 coolant temps ~260 oil temps. That was on Friday....

Had to lift/keep heat on full blast for Sat & Sun. Now with the Mishi Rad/Oil cooler I'm consistently at ~220 coolant and ~230 oil no matter how hard or how hot it is.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I hit limp mode quite easily @ Watkins Glen on my stock rad. Saw ~245 coolant temps ~260 oil temps. That was on Friday....

Had to lift/keep heat on full blast for Sat & Sun. Now with the Mishi Rad/Oil cooler I'm consistently at ~220 coolant and ~230 oil no matter how hard or how hot it is.
Cool this great data. Ya I have heard enough reports of people hitting limp mode with stock rads at the track to the point that it was obvious. I would have to go uprated rad here in Socal before thinking of tracking it.