Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2.3 Ecoboost into Fiesta?
12 Likes

Senior Member 679 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by CB022481 View Post
    engineer huh?
    haha, yep. I moved out of suspension engineering a few years ago for product planning and strategic business development, but the years of engineering discipline are still there. It is no joke when people say sometimes you need to shoot the engineer and get a project done.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

New Member 15 Rep Points SkirataST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becareful with the 2.3 in the mustangs. They have some predet issues.

But thus far the 2.0 ecoboost hasnt had the same issues. And it would be a sick beech in a fiesta.

Senior Member 1461 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    I wished I could put a transmission with taller gears in mine, but the chances of this working out are near to zero of that happening.
    When I look at the 1.6 T engine bay, it's cramped in there.
    I doubt any larger engine would fit, unless you plan on compromising the crumple zone of your car, by cutting away parts of the frame.
    I mean, it's been done before...
    What would make more sense, is installing a twin turbo, have a tune done, and run on ethanol.
    It'd be about a $3k project, and a lot cheaper than an engine swap like mentioned.

Might be better to think of welding the Fiesta's body on the Mustang's chassis.
    Twin turbo a 4cyl for $3k. I keep learning new things from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Twin turbo a 4cyl for $3k. I keep learning new things from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    Haha, yeah no kidding. 20 year old me would have said let's grab some beers and swap engines! Almost 40 year old me puts together a cost to benefit matrix, logs hours of reading and researching, sits up at night contemplating all the things that could go wrong and the affect on long term reliability, develops a decision matrix based on key attributes, considers how much spending could be allowed before the wife starts to question, and this is just on deciding what brake pads and rotors I should go with.
    I can so relate!

Member 237 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford already did it for a SEMA project. Having done engine swaps in the past, I would not do one again. I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined. The amount of work, reliability, cost, more cost, even more cost, time spent fixing things that didn't work, more cost again, and the massive amount of time involved would not be something I would want to do again. I have seen so many friends take a really nice car and try an motor swap. After years of work, they get rid of the car with the swap never completed. The car is sold for pretty much nothing since it doesn't run and is full of mismatched parts. They never come close to recovering the money spent. Instead of enjoying a really nice car, they turned it into a money eating, dust collecting, garage decoration.
    You should do another sema car with a second 1.6 ecoboost in the back :P

Imagine the fun of sorting the throttle clutch and shifter linkages muahahaha

Member 237 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Haha, yeah no kidding. 20 year old me would have said let's grab some beers and swap engines! Almost 40 year old me puts together a cost to benefit matrix, logs hours of reading and researching, sits up at night contemplating all the things that could go wrong and the affect on long term reliability, develops a decision matrix based on key attributes, considers how much spending could be allowed before the wife starts to question, and this is just on deciding what brake pads and rotors I should go with.
    Heh my first engine swap was from a wrecked challenger with a 440 into a duster with a spin rod bearing. Was too much engine for my high school auto shop engineering, but it was fun. Later did two v8 fieros, those were surprisingly easy and a heck of a lot of fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123