Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member 96 Rep Points HBEcoBeaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrex20 View Post
    Wtf that was supposed to be the easy way? Lol

I wait till I'm at a 1/4 tank or less, then I put in 3 gallons of E85 then round up to the next whole dollar. Then I top off the rest with 93. My ltft stays at +/- 5%.

If I really, really ran it down to e, then I will put in at least four gallons of E85. Y'all make it way too hard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's basically what I do except I'm on CA 91. I've gone over 4 gallons of e85 plus mild octane booster with no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    DC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    It's all good. I appreciate the time and effort Prixlyst has gone through to think it through and share his work, it's this creative passion that drives enthusiasm in the platform. There's certainly use for it, however I don't think it's fair to downplay the effectiveness and usefulness of an actual gauge. I don't really use calculators, after mixing fuel and the pumps numerous times I have a good idea of how many gallons I need to mix between pumps (91oct and e85) and use the gauge to confirm I'm safe.
    I never meant for this to be a "Gauges are useless" thread. This was something i was trying to find, and when i couldn't, I decided to put it out for other people. I completely agree that in the ideal setup one would have a gauge--it is definitely good to have something confirming your mix. It also comes down to preference: do you want to check the ethanol before you put it in your car with a little messy tube you have to fill up, or a nice clean and simple gauge like you have? Either work perfectly fine if you use them right.

I also didn't mean for this to be an argument, rather a solution. To me it looked like people were worried about running E30 because they didn't have a gauge. "Unnecessary" does not mean useless, but i do stand by the fact that as long as you are checking the E85% beforehand with a tester and you do the math right, no matter what boost you run, you will have the correct percentages in your tank.

Senior Member 854 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    here's an excellent way to verify if the E mix in the tank is good for the tune one is running with just an Accessport or capable OB2 reader.
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...l=1#post171604

and here's the pioneer of the diy gauge kit.
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...rdware-project

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123