Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reasonable solutions for traction and torque steer on daily driver Stage 1 car

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
sounds like a toe issue.
OK, I thought I might have knocked my alignment out a little with some aggressive driving with my tune but no RMM yet... even with only 3300 miles I don't think I should take it to Ford with my RMM and short shift kit in, they may see that and flag it, LOL.. I'll just have an alignment shop check it out.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
OK, I thought I might have knocked my alignment out a little with some aggressive driving with my tune but no RMM yet... even with only 3300 miles I don't think I should take it to Ford with my RMM and short shift kit in, they may see that and flag it, LOL.. I'll just have an alignment shop check it out.
I wouldn't worry about the modifications. Mine was only stock for the 3 miles it took to go from the dealership to my house. The darting around the road sounds like a classic toe issue, but could just be from the crown or grooves worn into the road. I have had some tires that make the car feel really skittish on roads with heavy truck traffic or with water evacuation grooves, but are perfectly fine on other roads.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
I wouldn't worry about the modifications. Mine was only stock for the 3 miles it took to go from the dealership to my house. The darting around the road sounds like a classic toe issue, but could just be from the crown or grooves worn into the road. I have had some tires that make the car feel really skittish on roads with heavy truck traffic or with water evacuation grooves, but are perfectly fine on other roads.
Yeah, at this point I think it's a toe issue as it wasn't doing it before.... I know that Ford even replaces wipers, etc the first 6 months, so maybe I'll just uninstall my AP and bring it in to the one dealer (not my sales one) that is open nights and weekends...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The accessport wouldn't result in a denial of a toe issue and I have never seen a dealer have an issue with an aftermarket part unless it caused the failure. If there is evidence that you hit a curb or pothole and that threw off the alignment, then you have a problem. That isn't due to an aftermarket part. I wouldn't worry.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
The accessport wouldn't result in a denial of a toe issue and I have never seen a dealer have an issue with an aftermarket part unless it caused the failure. If there is evidence that you hit a curb or pothole and that threw off the alignment, then you have a problem. That isn't due to an aftermarket part. I wouldn't worry.
I know that it wouldn't affect me for this minor issue, but don't want to be flagged for engine work later... So I'll just remove the device, won't worry about the whole uninstall then...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
So I realize now I started 2 threads on this subject and just wanted to post an update here: The Powerflex passenger side upper engine mount insert, a $32 poly ring, ALONE eliminated 90% of my torque steer, even on an e30 tune now... it's just incredible what a difference it makes, it truly needs to be recommended as much as the RMM for new FiST owners!

So I realize now I started 2 threads on this subject and just wanted to post an update here: The Powerflex passenger side upper engine mount insert, a $32 poly ring, ALONE eliminated 90% of my torque steer, even on an e30 tune now... it's just incredible what a difference it makes, it truly needs to be recommended as much as the RMM for new FiST owners!
This is helpful feedback. Can you share if it added any noise and vibrations?

Ford Community Posts