Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM lifespan clutch, struts, timing belt

Welcome to the forums Kristian! Our particular iteration of the Fiesta is only available with a manual transmission.

I will try to keep in mind that there may be some issues with language translation. But, to make an attempt at answering your question... Let us pretend that you're coasting along at 40kph and you release the brake pedal? What happens? Does it rapidly decelerate? Does it coast along as if in neutral? Does it start to accelerate?
many thanks intuit, sorry i’m not understand the languange mechanic and i am not good in english,
yes, after release the brake pedal on the automatic transmission the car acceleration going on 1500rpm without depress throttle pedal, when at 1500rpm the car running not smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Your English is only two million times better than my Malay and is actually okay. If this were a traditional type of automatic transmission, I'd say it sounds like the torque converter may not be disengaging. Basically when you depress the brake, the transmission's direct drive is supposed to disengage. What did they say when you took it back to them? What was the original problem that caused them to reprogram it?

Your English is only two million times better than my Malay and is actually okay. If this were a traditional type of automatic transmission, I'd say it sounds like the torque converter may not be disengaging. Basically when you depress the brake, the transmission's direct drive is supposed to disengage. What did they say when you took it back to them? What was the original problem that caused them to reprogram it?
thanks intuit, maybe when they update my pcm or tcm, the software not fully extracting to the pcm or tcm, this is my argue or the new software not compatible for 1.0 ecoboost in my country
many people’s have a same problem about the updating the sofware in my country,
caused them reprogram it, this is the standard procedures service on ford dealer
i wish ford make a new software to fix it because many issues about this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The automatic power shift transmission issues aren't actually unique to your country. They've been doing the same here. It is actually a manual transmission that is automatically shifted. People expect them to feel like a traditional automatic transmission when they aren't. Trying to reprogram it to make it feel like something it isn't will ultimately be a fruitless effort. More commentary... https://www.feoa.net/threads/ford-c...-mexico-after-trump.99753/page-3#post-1015177