Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strengths
32 Likes

Member 75 Rep Points speed_easy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strengths

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What are Fiesta ST strengths?

Fuel economy
    Track duty
    Safety

Which one is it?

Senior Member 982 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Underestimation
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As in do you think that awd or rwd is faster?

I'd argue it depends on th track. Fwd ftw

Senior Member 982 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alot of people underestimate the overall performance of the FiST....it takes alot of people by surprise because it is still in the end a Fiesta!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is still a fiesta, yes. One still proud individual.

Best economy silhouette ever.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Balance, the way it drives, cheap all around. Cheap to maintain, cheap to mod, cheap to insure, cheap to buy
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2(Future Mods Hybrid turbo)

Member #
    Medals
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A7xogg View Post
    Balance, the way it drives, cheap all around. Cheap to maintain, cheap to mod, cheap to insure, cheap to buy
    Yeah - this is my take as well. For $20k-ish new, the most fun I could buy while maintaining some practicality (back seat, hatch, 25+ MPG, warranty, etc).

Senior Member 1471 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    I'd say:
    Nimbleness, affordability, performance, style.
    Their ecotec engines are also pretty good and reliable.

It's fuel efficient, but could have done better (20% larger overdrive gear would have easily worked out an average of ~10-20% gain in MPG).
    I wouldn't buy this if fuel efficiency is your aim. There are plenty of more fuel efficient cars on the market for the price.
    I've seen a Hyundai Elantra, with way less corrosion on the chassis than the Fiesta ST. It's not an old rust box, but it does have some corrosion in areas where a lot of salt on the roads is used.

It's a blend between a track car and a street car.
    Because I have ridden many motorcycles of 800cc and up, even sports bikes, the acceleration is not scaring me; but so far, I find it has a nimble character, rather than a thrilling ride.
    It turns wonderfully in corners though, enough oversteer to keep the nose pointed in the right direction!
    Ecotec is GM.

Anyway, AutoX is the FiSTs main strength. I don’t know all the classes, but as a mostly stock car, it can hold its on very well in the stock class, or so I’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member 1471 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    Lol!
    Ecotec, ecoboost... Nearly the same technology.
    I just looked it up, and on average, Chevy tunes for low RPM torque, allowing for greater gas mileage (~+5-7MPG), and does mostly small engines,
    while ford tunes theirs in the higher RPM range, allowing for more torque and HP, but with a little more lag.

For the Fiesta ST, the 1.6 liter, even without the turbo is good enough to pull the car pretty nifty.
    In Europe they actually sell standard fiestas with 1 to 1.5 liter engines (non turbo).
    So the 'lag' is mostly unnoticeable.
    If GM would have built the Fiesta ST with an Ecotec engine, they would have it kick in around 2k RPM, top speed of ~120MPH ~175HP, but with higher torque figures across the line (flatter torque response).
    I would guess this would be the case.
    I have a non-turbo Fiesta SE. It’s a dog...probably the slowest modern car I’ve ever driven aside from a Chevy Spark that I rented once.

Also, every datalog and dyno disprove what you’re saying. And on top of that, “Ford tunes theirs in the higher RPM range...” What? That statement makes no sense at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member 225 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    These cars specialize in torque lol. With a stock turbo and a good e30 tune you can stay above 200 torque to the tires till beyond 5000 rpm and it can make 300+ in the 3000 rpm area...I would say that is a pretty good torque curve for a small stock turbo lol. As far as strengths it corners well and is very nimble and is able to rotate the rear well even stock. It is cheap all around as noted above and it gets pretty good mpg for what it is. It isn't a hybrid mpg wise but for the power it makes its very respectable in that aspect. I've averaged 28 mpg on e30 since February overall (stratified).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast