Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cerakote heat dissipating coatings for intercooler?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has anyone had their aftermarket intercooler coated with one of the Cerakote heat dissipating treatments?

If so, have you done a before and after logging of the charge temps?

In other words, is the total charge temp drop WORTH the $100.00+ cost my local Cerakote dealer is asking to coat my CP-E IC, or not?? [dunno]

Thanks in advance.

(BTW, I cannot return this IC to CP-E and exchange it for one of their on the shelf coated ones at this point, IF anyone was going to suggest that option.)

Last edited:
I can't imagine that you'd see much difference in performance. The base material of the I/C is still the same, an external coating is not altering the thermal conductivity of whatever type of aluminum it's made out of. If anything it would seem like adding a poorly performing insulator on top of the I/C. Unless the coating is somehow able to significantly increase the available surface area for air to pass over.

I could be totally wrong though, as I'm certainly not an expert in thermodynamics.

If you're doing it to protect the outside of the I/C from corrosion/impacts/abrasion, I could see it making more sense.

it doesnt increase thermal conductivity. It just doesnt decrease it like paint or normal powdercoat does. Basically, black FMIC without the downsides of a black FMIC

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
it doesnt increase thermal conductivity. It just doesnt decrease it like paint or normal powdercoat does. Basically, black FMIC without the downsides of a black FMIC
So Mitch, it is ONLY a 'no penalty' aesthetic product, and if one can 'live with' a silver IC, there are NO benefits whatsoever?