Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    @Alex@Stratified I asked the question via email and got an affirmative response for th v3 tune, but can you please clarify if the AP v3 with your 4.0 tune is compatible with a 2018 model? The order page still only lists up to 2017.

Thanks in Advance!

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I got my 4.0 tune last night and flashed it this morning. It is with traction control and aggressive throttle mapping.

First the bad news (for me). It has been raining for days and continues to rain. My stock Pilot Sport tires put up a heroic effort, but they can't work miracles.

Initial impressions - niiiiiieeeece. First change, I can easily get into mid 26 psi. Previously I'd be in mid-high 25s. But now at WOT in third, I rapidly get past 26. Maybe the aggressive throttle mapping piece. The traction control is definitely working - but much like my tires - won't work miracles. It is wet out and I'm now asking my tires to do even more than before. I skidded around a bit, but not as much as I would have without any TC.

I didn't have a ton of time to drive this morning. But one thing that I'm pretty sure of - they have messed with the revs/rev hang. And in a good way. 1-2 shift was much smoother than usual, even if I ran 1st gear up high and went into 2nd pretty hard. And across all gears shifts just seemed to smooth out (not from my clutch-work). Maybe just my imagination. Interested to hear if anyone else notices something similar. Didn't see that in their 4.0 notes.

New Member 19 Rep Points Tanner@Stratified's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dazzla View Post
    @Alex@Stratified I asked the question via email and got an affirmative response for th v3 tune, but can you please clarify if the AP v3 with your 4.0 tune is compatible with a 2018 model? The order page still only lists up to 2017.

Thanks in Advance!
    Yes it should world fine for the 2018 models.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    I purchased the 93/e30 flash tunes from you guys back I'm february. I since installed my cpe intake and I'm about to install my ngk step colder plugs gapped ag .025 and at that time I'll send for my data log refinement I've already paid for because I'm pretty sure there's more power left on the table my fuel seems very good and my e85 tests 85% I always say at +2-4 across the board and oar stays at -1.0 and my afr is between the low 11s to the mid to higher 11s all the way through the rpm band...it's a tad on the rich side and there's room to improve going leaner I'm sure and still be safe.

My question is would I have to pay more money to get v4 with my refinement or could I get that with the refinement I've already paid for? I would like to have v4 e30 with the high torque option. I love my stratified tune and id love to make these changes and get my refinement to make it even better. If Alex@Stratified could let me know something that would be awesome.

Cliff notes: already paid for refinement I haven't got yet and want v4 and high torque e30 would I need to pay more in addition to what I've already paid to get this when I send for my refinement.
    You would need to pay for the HT option itself, a standard datalog refinement can't be used for the HT option as more work is going into the HT option than a normal log refinement.

Member 221 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner@Stratified View Post
    You would need to pay for the HT option itself, a standard datalog refinement can't be used for the HT option as more work is going into the HT option than a normal log refinement.
    That is fine I will pay for the HT option and do the refinement as well...so the HT option is all I need to pay for...the update to 4.0 would happen automatically with the refinement? Thanks for the response. I love my e30 tune I can only imagine how good it's going to be with this 4.0 update and the HT option. I am a huge fan of stratified and I'm a true believer now. The driveability is every bit as good as the power if not better it's ultra smooth and hard to believe it can be improved upon but it's awesome that it can be. I am going to get this refinement update and I may pay for another one too that way it's basically a custom tune...I wanna make sure the car is running as good as it can for the fuel and mods I'm running. There's room to play now I'm getting +2-+4 corrections across the board under WOT and my afr goes from low to mid 11s and it'll get as high as 11.7-11.8 very briefly sometimes but it's mostly in the lower 11s under wot. My OAR stays at -1.0 of course all indications show there's room for power. I can hit 26 psi as it sits. My e85 measures at 85% and that was during winter blend season (February) and my 93 seems healthy too there's room for safe power on the table no doubt. I'm pumped...I just gotta track down a thin walled 5/8" socket to install my new step colder ngks with so I can take some logs and get this under way.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    That is fine I will pay for the HT option and do the refinement as well...so the HT option is all I need to pay for...the update to 4.0 would happen automatically with the refinement? Thanks for the response. I love my e30 tune I can only imagine how good it's going to be with this 4.0 update and the HT option. I am a huge fan of stratified and I'm a true believer now. The driveability is every bit as good as the power if not better it's ultra smooth and hard to believe it can be improved upon but it's awesome that it can be. I am going to get this refinement update and I may pay for another one too that way it's basically a custom tune...I wanna make sure the car is running as good as it can for the fuel and mods I'm running. There's room to play now I'm getting +2-+4 corrections across the board under WOT and my afr goes from low to mid 11s and it'll get as high as 11.7-11.8 very briefly sometimes but it's mostly in the lower 11s under wot. My OAR stays at -1.0 of course all indications show there's room for power. I can hit 26 psi as it sits. My e85 measures at 85% and that was during winter blend season (February) and my 93 seems healthy too there's room for safe power on the table no doubt. I'm pumped...I just gotta track down a thin walled 5/8" socket to install my new step colder ngks with so I can take some logs and get this under way.
    You would need to purchase the Tune Update option and then within it you can choose the HT option. If you're getting those positive corrections consistently there's definitely room for power.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sir!

New Member 10 Rep Points Silverevo9's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I installed today,

My impressions on the 4.0 is it pulls a lot harder through all gears. Much more torque through the gears. Top end seems to be improved also. 5th is more improved. Go flat out in 6th and your at 120 in no time. Although I'm getting a large boost or throttle delay when going into 2nd between 3200rpm and 3600rpm with the throttle pinned, then just lets go. Maybe its the car relearning, I do not know. Anybody else experience this? Will call Stratified on Monday to inquire about this.

The car is definitely on another level. Worth it!
    Stratified Flash Tune, Map Intercooler, MBRP Hot-Side Pipe, Mountune RMM

Torn between my EVO IX MR and the Fist

Member 27 Rep Points SirThomas88's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevo9 View Post
    I installed today,

My impressions on the 4.0 is it pulls a lot harder through all gears. Much more torque through the gears. Top end seems to be improved also. 5th is more improved. Go flat out in 6th and your at 120 in no time. Although I'm getting a large boost or throttle delay when going into 2nd between 3200rpm and 3600rpm with the throttle pinned, then just lets go. Maybe its the car relearning, I do not know. Anybody else experience this? Will call Stratified on Monday to inquire about this.

The car is definitely on another level. Worth it!

Nice to hear (except for the throttle delay part), which fuel are you on? If E30, did you select the high torque option?
    2016 Metallic

Performance Mods
    - Stratified E30 Tune | Cobb AccessPort | Airtec Intercooler | Injen Intake + Woosh Adapter | NGK Iridium X Spark Plugs | Eibach Pro Kit Springs | Polyurethane RMM |
    Accessories
    - XML2 Yellow LED Fog Lights | 35% Window Tint | Weathertech Wind Deflectors (F)
    Planned Future Mods
    - Lightweight Wheels + Performance Tires | Radiator Upgrade | Limited Slip Diff | Lightweight Flywheel

New Member 10 Rep Points Silverevo9's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirThomas88 View Post
    Nice to hear (except for the throttle delay part), which fuel are you on? If E30, did you select the high torque option?
    I'm on the 91 octane tune. I did a lot of stop start pulls and freeway runs to test this tune. Will test again Monday to see if the delay is still there. Its the only hiccup in the tune I can see. All other gears pull strong. Will update again on Monday.
    Stratified Flash Tune, Map Intercooler, MBRP Hot-Side Pipe, Mountune RMM

Torn between my EVO IX MR and the Fist

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast