Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intake to turbo missing bolts

SPhilli911

Car is a 2015 Fiesta ST, issue concerns intake to turbo connection. Aftermarket Cobb intake used.

Looking for some guidance/ feedback on what I find is a strange issue I'm having.

On the way home last night I noticed the car felt sluggish and the intake air/ turbo sounds were louder than they typically are. I figured it was a lose clamp on the intake by the turbo, I installed a Cobb intake maybe 2 years ago. Nope that's not it but I notice the intake is loose lower down near the turbo below where the intake clamps on to the turbo. Now, I can't see anything that far down to get a clear picture of what's wrong (simply don't have time or tools at the moment due to a recent move), but there definitely feels like there is tubing loose and potentially missing bolts because (again, without seeing what I'm doing) I can feel a gap and holes where I assume a bolt would go. There seems to be maybe 2 bolts missing and one in place. Potentially 4 total bolts, it's hard to wiggle my hand down there.

Can anyone help me identify the parts? Anyone else ever encounter this? Not entirely sure how this problem occurred, yes I have the aftermarket intake, but that's all and I do not push the car or drive under high boost often. Struggling to understand how bolts would come lose in a section I've never touched even when installing the intake.

Edit, thanks to another member, I think the part has been identified, bolt "12" below. Although I am still wondering how a few bolts came loose in the first place. My only guess it the intake wasn't secure and it backed out the bolts on the end with vibration.

FORD PART NUMBER IS: W500015-S437

Edit 2: updating for info, this might help others in the future and I will update again later with a part number for the bolts.

Managed to get a better look here. The intake to turbo inlet was held in loosly by a single bolt I was able to remove by hand. There should be 3 bolts. (sorry this text may be difficult to read and the pics arent so great since it started storming out):

A look at the intake to turbo tube from the other end, notice the ring gasket. Thankfully that was still in place.

Here is the bolt, like I said I will add the part number once I find it. Just 3 of these dinky bolts keeping the intake on the turbo.

Last edited:
Car is a 2015 Fiesta ST, issue concerns intake to turbo connection. Aftermarket Cobb intake used.

Looking for some guidance/ feedback on what I find is a strange issue I'm having.

On the way home last night I noticed the car felt sluggish and the intake air/ turbo sounds were louder than they typically are. I figured it was a lose clamp on the intake by the turbo, I installed a Cobb intake maybe 2 years ago. Nope that's not it but I notice the intake is loose lower down near the turbo below where the intake clamps on to the turbo. Now, I can't see anything that far down to get a clear picture of what's wrong (simply don't have time or tools at the moment due to a recent move), but there definitely feels like there is tubing loose and potentially missing bolts because (again, without seeing what I'm doing) I can feel a gap and holes where I assume a bolt would go. There seems to be maybe 2 bolts missing and one in place. Potentially 4 total bolts, it's hard to wiggle my hand down there.

Can anyone help me identify the parts? Anyone else ever encounter this? Not entirely sure how this problem occurred, yes I have the aftermarket intake, but that's all and I do not push the car or drive under high boost often. Struggling to understand how bolts would come lose in a section I've never touched even when installing the intake.

Edit, thanks to another member, I think the part has been identified, bolt "12" below. Although I am still wondering how a few bolts came loose in the first place. My only guess it the intake wasn't secure and it backed out the bolts on the end with vibration.

FORD PART NUMBER IS: W500015-S437

Edit 2: updating for info, this might help others in the future and I will update again later with a part number for the bolts.

Managed to get a better look here. The intake to turbo inlet was held in loosly by a single bolt I was able to remove by hand. There should be 3 bolts. (sorry this text may be difficult to read and the pics arent so great since it started storming out):

A look at the intake to turbo tube from the other end, notice the ring gasket. Thankfully that was still in place.

Here is the bolt, like I said I will add the part number once I find it. Just 3 of these dinky bolts keeping the intake on the turbo.

I just discovered this EXACT same issues. I'm going to take it to Ford tomorrow.