Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal Evoluzion ST1 - anybody try them?

I have a set of these coming Friday 215/45R16.

Also picked up some Sparco wheels and TPMS.

Bought these because I'm going to be installing a Whoosh hybrid and e-tune on a 17 Cobb S3 set-up and want better traction.

@OneFord How are you liking these in 215/45R16? Someone pointed this tire out to me in the Dekagram thread and I forgot that these were an option. I'm rolling on Sport Comp 2's for now but these could be an option when it's time to get new tires.

@Nitelife I'm loving these tires. I've put on about 3k miles (that's including a long trip to WaWa Ontario for fishing last week.

The Federals have a great ride and impresive grip. Wet traction is excellent and the wear looks reasonable at this point. For the price I would gladly buy a new set for my summer setup again.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
@Nitelife I'm loving these tires. I've put on about 3k miles (that's including a long trip to WaWa Ontario for fishing last week.

The Federals have a great ride and impresive grip. Wet traction is excellent and the wear looks reasonable at this point. For the price I would gladly buy a new set for my summer setup again.
What tires were you using before?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

WIsdumb

I was wondering if anyone knew if these run wide just like the RS-RR's. I usually run a 265/35r19 but too scared I might be actually getting a 275/35r19 tire instead. Should I get a 255/35r19? Or stick with the OEM size.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I was wondering if anyone knew if these run wide just like the RS-RR's. I usually run a 265/35r19 but too scared I might be actually getting a 275/35r19 tire instead. Should I get a 255/35r19? Or stick with the OEM size.
It really depends on the tire size and model. Even the Rs are not always wider in every tire size. The widths vary so it's best to look your preferred size up first.

On Federals website, for each tire that you select, they have a table showing the specs for that tire in all of the tire sizes available.

https://www.federaltire.com/en/

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I have good memories of the few months I was there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I just mounted a set of these Evoluzion ST-1s (215/45r16) on Dekagrams (16x8). I purchased them from Tires-Easy for about $80/ea. https://www.tires-easy.com/tires/federal-tires/215-45-16

I've only put about 50 miles on them, and haven't really tested them at their limit, but I have to say I'm really happy with the purchase, so far.

Coming from the stock Potenza's on stock rims, I definitely like the feel of these better. And the ride is noticeably smoother on 16's. But like I said, I haven't pushed them that hard, yet. I might try them out at an autox this weekend.

Here's a couple pictures of them right after I put them on (forgive the dirty car/tires).
Fiesta Federals 1.jpg Fiesta Federals 2.jpg Fiesta Federals 3.jpg

I just mounted a set of these Evoluzion ST-1s (215/45r16) on Dekagrams (16x8). I purchased them from Tires-Easy for about $80/ea. https://www.tires-easy.com/tires/federal-tires/215-45-16

I've only put about 50 miles on them, and haven't really tested them at their limit, but I have to say I'm really happy with the purchase, so far.

Coming from the stock Potenza's on stock rims, I definitely like the feel of these better. And the ride is noticeably smoother on 16's. But like I said, I haven't pushed them that hard, yet. I might try them out at an autox this weekend.

Here's a couple pictures of them right after I put them on (forgive the dirty car/tires).
View attachment 21915 View attachment 21916 View attachment 21917
Very nice!(y) I'm currently on Rota Grids 17x8 +40et and the original summer rubber. There's a good amount of tire stretch and the rims would likely contact the asphalt if a flat happens. Also somewhat concerned with hard impacts and rim protection. Ride quality is a thing I'd like to improve a bit. I've been contemplating suspension mods, which wouldn't do much for saving my rims. You say the ride is noticeably improved. If you're on stock suspension, do you think my dropping down to 16s or 15s would solve both of my issues/concerns? Thx!

I'm happy with 16"

Also considering a drop on Swifts.
Swifts and Koni oranges, lightweight 15x7s with some meat. Suspension change will hopefully compensate for any added sidewall flex. Loss of tossability isn't such a big deal for me though. I'm typically rolling around through the urban sprawl grid system that engulfs my area.:rolleyes:

I agree with OneFord.
I'm on stock suspension. I bought the car last summer and after a couple months switched to 15s for my winter setup. The ride was much less harsh/jittery. I put the 17s back on in the spring, hit a few potholes, and knew I wanted to drop down to 16s for daily/summer driving.

I agree with OneFord.
I'm on stock suspension. I bought the car last summer and after a couple months switched to 15s for my winter setup. The ride was much less harsh/jittery. I put the 17s back on in the spring, hit a few potholes, and knew I wanted to drop down to 16s for daily/summer driving.
I'm actually on Tirerack.com right now about to close a purchase on a set of OZ Ultra Leggeras in 15x7(12lbs. per). Their site suggests 205/55s, but I've noticed elsewhere on here that folks often go for 205/50s. Hmmmm