Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal Evoluzion ST1 - anybody try them?

I didn't go with 15" on my summer wheels because I didn;t want too much sidewall or too much tire roll.

I went with 15" on my winter set-up though since the pot holes are so bad and we get a decent amount of snow so a taller sidewall made sense.

I couln't imagine 15" for summer wheels unless you kept the sidewall down. Speedo will be off a decent amount though.

After a couple of weeks on the Evoluzion ST1s, I can say I really like them for the street—but I think I’d opt for something a bit more sticky for autox.

Reviving the old thread again.
Ok, I'm now running on my 17x8 Rotas the Toyo Proxes Sport 205/45r17. I can say that the grip and ride quality are great but when you get to highway speeds, the handling starts to get pretty bad. For example, when you're going at like 60mph and try to dodge a pothole, you get this floaty/wobbly sensation that you feel the front of the car responds and then you feel the back of the car catches up with the turn. It's really weird and I hate it because it took the fun of driving the car. What I think is because of the higher sidewall and the stretch of the tires, the tires aren't performing correctly. I want to fix this and I would like to know what tire should I use for my 8" wheels? I don' really care for tread wear as I don't daily my FiST (I only use it once or twice a week)

BlkST

Ebay, seller tires-easy

Just ordered a set thanks for the info installed 225 45 17 on stock wheels for a speedo calibration and man is it DANGEROUS!!! but have been researching tires for 2 weeks now but after your review my decision was made again thank you for the insight

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok, I'm now running on my 17x8 Rotas the Toyo Proxes Sport 205/45r17. I can say that the grip and ride quality are great but when you get to highway speeds, the handling starts to get pretty bad. For example, when you're going at like 60mph and try to dodge a pothole, you get this floaty/wobbly sensation that you feel the front of the car responds and then you feel the back of the car catches up with the turn. It's really weird and I hate it because it took the fun of driving the car. What I think is because of the higher sidewall and the stretch of the tires, the tires aren't performing correctly. I want to fix this and I would like to know what tire should I use for my 8" wheels? I don' really care for tread wear as I don't daily my FiST (I only use it once or twice a week)
Stretch is not enough to hurt your handling in fact it would retain turn in on the larger side wall. The handling experience you are having is possibly related to the particular tire model most people who run Proxxes run a much more performance oriented version the Proxxes sport in fact their are no reviews of it on tire rack vs the proxxes 1 and the R888r’s
. I am running Federal RS Pro’s 205/45 on Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 and I have no problems with high speed handling aka highway speeds.

Last edited:

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I agree with dpro. It shouldn't have anything to do with that tire size. I had 205/45 R17s also and no problems at freeway speed. You might also want to double check the air pressure.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk